Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    What did you do before you were the copy guy or girl?

Growing up I worked with the old man building kitchens. Went to college since i didn't want to build kitchens. Got a diploma in computer systems technology and didn't get one bite from all the resume's i put out. One guy in my class quit after a day and a half at the local Sharp dealer and told me about it. I called them up that afternoon. They were confused on how i knew about the job but gave me a shot at it.

That was 5 years ago.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave10 View Post
    Had the coolest job ever. I designed toys for 8 years. I did mechanisms, electronics, mock-ups and prototyping. I also souped up early production toys for commercial shoots. I still do this stuff freelance, and I design board games, but since the company I worked for closed and I live in St. Louis where there are no other major companies, I can't do it full-time. But I love all machines and electronics and I do enjoy this.

Are you TOM HANKS and did you appear in the film BIG?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I was a fish baiter on a fishing boat for a few years. I got so good at it, that I was promoted to Master Baiter.

Wink

I was a corrections officer for 5 years or more,kinda blurred between all the b.s. I was on the road some,mainly when bad juju really hit they sent the blonde sassy irish woman out at 5'6 120 lbs i made one heck of an entrance,lol...... Gi jane babe!

DILLIGAF

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    We once had a Copier Guy who literally became a Copier Girl (sex change operation).

Needless to say, he/she wasn't kept in the same territory after the "transition" - would have made for some very befuddled customers.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

many things

I've worked in factories, retail stores, went to college for my bachelors and started my masters. Big background in accounting/finance and taxes...still do tax returns to pay the bills and work on office equipment and mailing equipment.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    People often mention Big. Really was similar.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

C-Band Satellite uplink operator

Computer Technician / Programmer / Tech Support / Systems Engineer / Network Engineer / Diesel Mechanic / Electrician / Plumber / Janitor / and occasionally receptionist (but I didn't have the legs for the job )

2 way Satellite Data Comm tech

Copier Tech

Spent a bit of time unemployed , and stocked a few shelves in there somewhere. I had a family to feed and would have taken any work I could get - Kinda pissed me off when Burger King wouldn't hire me.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Went from Corporate Services Co-ordinator for an investment bank (pretty much I supervised the copy centre, telephone operators, receptionists and Report Library) to being a Copier Guy.
    The main thing that cinched it was I knew how to use a computer and I had fought enough with the analogue monsters in the Copy Centre that I had some idea what I was doing.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    22 years as and aircraft mechanic.