Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I guess it all depends on the environment where the machine is installed. I guess a copier at the Playboy magazine would be filled with lingeries and stuff like that...
    Hmmmm... I wonder what type of office equipment they have at The Tobasco Film Company? (from an old M*A*S*H episode...)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What have you ever lost/found in a copier or other equipment

I found a screwdriver a couple years after our shop tech left it in a refurb. Not very exciting but it was fun at the time.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    I found a screwdriver a couple years after our shop tech left it in a refurb. Not very exciting but it was fun at the time.
    I still own a stubby Phillips I got over a decade ago from under a copier from a wholesaler. It says 'Charlie' on the end-thanks, Charlie!!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

During a shop rebuild on a lease return, found a dried up puddle of pee. That copier came from an old folks home; hopefully he wasn't injured, the puddle was below the main charge. (Yeah, I know there's nothing going on with the door open, but the imagination is a shocking image)
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    During a shop rebuild on a lease return, found a dried up puddle of pee. That copier came from an old folks home; hopefully he wasn't injured, the puddle was below the main charge. (Yeah, I know there's nothing going on with the door open, but the imagination is a shocking image)
    I can't refrain from asking: if it was dried up, how do you know it was pee?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I can't refrain from asking: if it was dried up, how do you know it was pee?
    The smell.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    The smell.
    Oh...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Found a $20 skewered on the ADF Duplex gate of an old color machine. Wonder how that got there.

Most of the skeleton of a chicken in a finisher bin at a hospital. I'll assume it was lunch, 'cuz I really don't want to know any different.

CD-R taped to a piece of cardstock and melted in the fuser of a color copier. Seems they ran out of labels and tried to print directly onto the disk. Not sure how it got that far into the machine - I didn't think the paper path was straight enough, but I guess it was up to the fuser at least. Kudos to whoever designed the bypass feed system...
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Found a $20 skewered on the ADF Duplex gate of an old color machine. Wonder how that got there.

Most of the skeleton of a chicken in a finisher bin at a hospital. I'll assume it was lunch, 'cuz I really don't want to know any different.

CD-R taped to a piece of cardstock and melted in the fuser of a color copier. Seems they ran out of labels and tried to print directly onto the disk. Not sure how it got that far into the machine - I didn't think the paper path was straight enough, but I guess it was up to the fuser at least. Kudos to whoever designed the bypass feed system...
    And I thought the wrist bands for a local skating rink was hard to belive, ya know them plastic wrist straps they put on the kids to let them back in, some night clubs were using them, they wanted to put the company logo of the rink on them, and it was a old Sharp SF 7850 at that.
    Cleaned out the remains and told her it would not work, dang is she did not try it again next month.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

my first inkjet printer

I once got an apple portable inkjet that didnt feed the paper as it should, at the time I was using a 9pin matrix printer and thought id replace if I could fix the inkjet, I found a 100 sek bill in it jammed between some gears so that made my day