Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    A good question for our friends at the other side of the pond....

If guns kill people, pencils are responsible for spelling mistakes. It's not the firearm that is the problem - it's the person holding it.

Thugs and terrorists generally have a much easier time getting a gun than a lawful citizen. As stated previously, it doesn't matter how illegal you make it for a criminal (or anyone) to have a gun - criminals by definition don't give a rip about the law.

The left wing tactic seems to be to give up. My kids learned very quickly that you don't give the schoolyard bully your lunch money - he will be back wanting more. Kick him in the 'nads a couple times if you want left alone.

I told my son from a very young age "I better never hear of you starting a fight, but by God you're allowed to finish one." Same principal applies in defense of my family: I'm not going after trouble (that's the cops job, and its about time we untied their hands and let them do it) but if somebody comes to my family looking for it...

I think I speak for the majority of law abiding citizens - I'm sick of the good guys cowering in their homes while the criminals have the run of the town, and if it takes a shootout at the OK corral, so be it.

My state has already taken a positive step enacting no retreat self defense laws. It used to be if you were threatened in your own home there was a long list of conditions before you were ok to use any kind of force in self defense - including a requirement to try and retreat or escape... in your own home... idiotic! Only if you were absolutely cornered and "negotiations failed" were you ok to pull a gun.

Now if you're threatened with "serious bodily harm of yourself or another person or with the loss of your property" you can shoot first and ask questions later.

Several thugs are no longer a problem, and to date there have been no accidental shootings as was the major objection from the anti-gun lobby.

Now if they'd just make it legal setup snipers around the drug corners...
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vista Tech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    If guns kill people, pencils are responsible for spelling mistakes. It's not the firearm that is the problem - it's the person holding it.

Thugs and terrorists generally have a much easier time getting a gun than a lawful citizen. As stated previously, it doesn't matter how illegal you make it for a criminal (or anyone) to have a gun - criminals by definition don't give a rip about the law.

The left wing tactic seems to be to give up. My kids learned very quickly that you don't give the schoolyard bully your lunch money - he will be back wanting more. Kick him in the 'nads a couple times if you want left alone.

I told my son from a very young age "I better never hear of you starting a fight, but by God you're allowed to finish one." Same principal applies in defense of my family: I'm not going after trouble (that's the cops job, and its about time we untied their hands and let them do it) but if somebody comes to my family looking for it...

I think I speak for the majority of law abiding citizens - I'm sick of the good guys cowering in their homes while the criminals have the run of the town, and if it takes a shootout at the OK corral, so be it.

My state has already taken a positive step enacting no retreat self defense laws. It used to be if you were threatened in your own home there was a long list of conditions before you were ok to use any kind of force in self defense - including a requirement to try and retreat or escape... in your own home... idiotic! Only if you were absolutely cornered and "negotiations failed" were you ok to pull a gun.

Now if you're threatened with "serious bodily harm of yourself or another person or with the loss of your property" you can shoot first and ask questions later.

Several thugs are no longer a problem, and to date there have been no accidental shootings as was the major objection from the anti-gun lobby.

Now if they'd just make it legal setup snipers around the drug corners...
    This right here is a perfect example of why we shouldn't allow cowards to run our country. This country was based on people standing up to injustice and being able to take matters into their own hands in order to defend themselves. Like I stated earlier, I pack everywhere I go, I've never gone looking for trouble, but if trouble seems to come my way or along the way of another citizen by god I will help them. There are a few thugs in my apartment complex and they learned REAL fast that I'm not a person to be pushed around or even messed with in any way. The biggest thing is that more American's need to stop taking into this liberal BS of not being able to defend yourself or your property and blast first, ask later. If someone is in my home in the middle of the night uninvited then I will NOT hesitate to put that person in a body bag, I automatically fear for my life and those in my home if a breaking and entry situation happens, and I will protect them by any means necessary. Glad to see that there at least a few more people like me left in the states and not everyone has turned into a liberal poontang.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista Tech View Post
    Glad to see that there at least a few more people like me left in the states and not everyone has turned into a liberal poontang.
    Likewise.

Just one note though: I have to respect those who don't own a gun because they're not sure they could use it. That's a good way to get yourself killed.

For me, though, its a pretty simple decision:
    1) Identify your target - Eliminating a thug is a good thing, eliminating a family member isn't. (some notable exceptions here)
    2) In for a penny, in for a pound - If they've already gone over to the dark side and commited one crime breaking in to your house, carjacking, mugging, etc. you have no reason to believe violence, rape, and murder aren't on the agenda as well. Assume they're dangerous - you have no evidence to the contrary!
    3) You get one shot if you're lucky. Make it count. If they're dangerous enough to make you point a gun at them you probably don't want to test your luck. Besides, the "liberal poontang" courts in many cases have awarded injured or wounded criminals large cash "settlements." - Dead criminals don't sue. My friends in local law enforcement agree: "dead criminals are less paperwork."
    73 DE W5SSJ

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    This is one thing I find amazing. Some shitbag breaks into your house, steals your stuff, wants to rape and pillage you and your family. You pop a cap in his ass, he lives, then sues your ass off for assault or something. I think it's the lawyers that should be put to death, those assfags make all this possible. What a lovely world we live in. Self defence costs you more than the person you're trying to defend yourself from.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Thats why you don't stop shooting when they drop. "In the heat of the moment of defense of your life" you can do many things that the court would toss out. Those same dirtbag attorneys that defend criminals would KILL for a case such as to defend someone who dropped someone in self defense to get a name out there. You not only would probably get a free lawyer because of the publicity, but then you could write a book about how you shot some asshole to death because he broke into your house and Oprah would put it on her show because you did something so courageous and you would instantly become a millionaire!

All joking aside, if someone breaks into your home and you catch them offguard... Kill them, like stated before, a dead criminal can't sue. And if they did already break into your home who knows what else that crazy asshole might do to your family.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vista Tech View Post
    Thats exactly our point. We don't have the types of hanus crimes you guys have over there BECAUSE we carry weapons. Think of it this way, IF you were a criminal and about to do something incredibly stupid, you would most likely think twice about doing it if you were to be shot before it even happened.

Every time something insane happens in America it gets BLOWN out of proportion by the leftest media.
    Sorry define hanus.
    Columbine High School
    Virginia Tech
    Binghamptom NY.

No Guns = No Guns Period. And I ain't a leftie tree hugger.

Every single one of those would have been stopped immediately if someone else there had a gun. The point is that the CRIMINALS had guns and DON'T CARE ABOUT HE LAW. So if you OUTLAW all guns guess who still has them? Oh wait, I guess being a criminal that means they would have to give them up to right and start following the rules? Get real man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamut View Post
    No Guns = No Guns Period.
    And just how exactly do you plan to accomplish this?

Cocaine and Morphine used to be sold at the local drug store way back when. They didn't become a big money black market item until they were outlawed, and not really even then until the DEA stepped up the heat trying to get rid of them.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

My main point was your statement "We don't have the types of hanus crimes you guys have over there BECAUSE we carry weapons".
    But out of interest how do criminals get these guns? local gun shop? or burglary of domestic house with numerous unsecured arms perhaps?
    Oh and maybe out of mom or pops bedside cabinet.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    You buy guns in America if you are a criminal, at gun shows using a loophole in the law. The law says that a dealer must do a background check. A person who calls himself a private collector is not required to see one. So with no ID, anybody in America can walk into a gun show and pay cash for what they want and walk out. I saw a "collector" at a show who had over 700 guns for sale. He told me he makes a living being a "collector". You do not sell as much if you do background checks.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking