Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar

Who Knows

Taking a shot at a 3rd attempt on the 14th of November, maybe this time it will be a success.

Two things that a copier tech is good at is drinking and meeting woman, so I guess we are doomed to the normal world.
    What? HuH?

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    How any times have you been married

I never was really good at any of those things, maybe that's why I'm not a stellar copier tech...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    I think the biggest problem with us tech's is that we have to fix so many probelms in the day, made by sales man , we tend to forget to fix the problems we have at home.
    I for one just go out for one beer after work and then land up getting home in the early hours of the morning. plus what do you get when you mix alchol and a tech is James Dean or something in that line.
    What? HuH?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I was married for 13 years to a unit that suffered a serious defect that could not be repaired. She started dating one of her co workers. So I wrote her up as "not worth repair" and let her go. The new model I have now makes a lot of noise, but works much, much better. I was working in a steel forge plant and doing refrigeration work for restaurants when the first one got bored and needed something to do so she got a boyfriend. I think being a tech has helped keep this house happy. This one will go the distance. She already told me she can track me down if I make a run for it.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Only once. Dated for 5 1/2 years b4 getting married, and we just celebrated our 20th a few months back. It takes work, and a Great Tech will take the time to read the manual and ask the operator what the problem is. Same is true for marriage. Communication is the key and going to marriage seminars together helps you figure out the rest. (highly recommend "Family Life Weekend to Remember".)

Attend a conference - FamilyLife.com
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kyoceradude View Post
    Only once. Dated for 5 1/2 years b4 getting married, and we just celebrated our 20th a few months back. It takes work, and a Great Tech will take the time to read the manual and ask the operator what the problem is. Same is true for marriage. Communication is the key and going to marriage seminars together helps you figure out the rest. (highly recommend "Family Life Weekend to Remember".)

Attend a conference - FamilyLife.com
    I personally recommend reading "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" and the sequel "Why men don't cry and Women can't read maps". I read them even before dating and, hell, you can't imagine how it gave me a new perspective on women (and it explains a lot of crap I do, too )
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service/IT/Integrator 50+ Posts DocuSystems's Avatar

uggggh!

So that's it!! Been married three times. Currently separated and duking it out in court to get my kids. Beats duking it out at home, though, because less of my stuff is getting broken. I don't think I ask for much, just someone who's willing to work as hard as I do. What's with the early-mid thirties generation of women anyway? They act as if the male gender owes them something. Guess I gotta stop marrying chicks I meet while I'm playin in a band.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I've never understood why women seem to stick with guys who treat them like crap. I've seen too many friends and family go back to guys who left bruises or worse.

On the other hand I've seen women treated like a princess, who get to expect being treated like a princess and spiral right down into divorce court.

More proof women ain't never happy. Especially when it concerns men.

Or, as my wife says: If it has tires or testicles it's gonna give you problems.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

I have been happily divorced for 3 years now and still think it was the best money I ever spent getting rid of her.

Had a couple of girlfriends in between now and then and guess what? They didn't work out either. lol

They didn't work out because of me not trying, but I think I just didn't have time to find someone decent in the first place, so I just grab what ever is there at the time.

But as the old saying goes "If you fall off your horse, get back up and SHOOT IT!!!"
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar
    I am 38 years old and i've never been married. I only lived with my ex-girlfriend for 1 terrible year. Our relationship was perfect before but just the second day that we lived in the same house something changed. I don't know what. Women are "strange and difficult machines" and no one will never know what they really think or have in their head. If someone has a tecnical manual about women can send me a copy?