Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    How any times have you been married

Quote Originally Posted by barratec View Post
    I am 38 years old and i've never been married. I only lived with my ex-girlfriend for 1 terrible year. Our relationship was perfect before but just the second day that we lived in the same house something changed. I don't know what. Women are "strange and difficult machines" and no one will never know what they really think or have in their head. If someone has a tecnical manual about women can send me a copy?
    Already told about it!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I've never been married and I probably never will be. I can't imagine anyone wanting to live with me. I'm extremely independent, but possessive and sometimes jealous. I need at least 2 hours of me time and then I can devote attention to someone else. Nobody can live with that. Plus he's got to be practically perfect. I've never met a guy who really knocked me on my backside. I think if I did, I'd be willing to make changes. Living by yourself causes you to be more self centered, because there's no one there you have to think about.

I think that most relationships fail because both sides expect too much of the other person. We have been programmed by Hollywood that your mate should make you happy. If you're not a happy person to begin with, how do you expect your mate to make you happy? We should think about what we have to offer, what we can contribute, and put the other person first. People get married and say, "Well I've done that, I can relax now". Marriage requires constant work and attention to keep it going. You're taking 2 people from different backgrounds and putting them together. It's not going to be problem free and you can't go into it with the thought that, "well if it doesn't work out, i'll get a divorce". I'm sure those who have been married for a long time will agree with me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

I have had one wife to many......
    By the way I am on my first marriage for 22 years now
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    We have been programmed by Hollywood that your mate should make you happy. If you're not a happy person to begin with, how do you expect your mate to make you happy? We should think about what we have to offer, what we can contribute, and put the other person first.
    Been married over 11 years and almost divorced because my wife didn't understand this, and I didn't know how to help her find it.

Happiness is a decision you have to make for yourself. Sounds kinda strange just deciding to be happy, but people make the decision to be pissed at the world all the time.

The decision isn't so much saying "I'm going to be happy" because that is doomed to a repeating cycle of failure; It's saying "This is what I've got, I'm going to do the best I can with it"
    73 DE W5SSJ

Technician

TWICE MARRIED

For over twenty years I been married to two only. First one was analogue; we devoced when I went vogue. Now I am married to digital and we have a little house to the west of analogue. I like digital because when we make love, the sheets are always clean; not much stray bullets unless she has mulfanctions. There used to be too much peeing with analogogue.

Currently no relationships outside this marriage though I like getting laid now and then when I am away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTHUR1975 View Post
    I like digital because when we make love, the sheets are always clean; not much stray bullets unless she has mulfanctions. There used to be too much peeing with analogogue.
    Well... That was... huh... different!
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

it is once ..with 16 years of great battle..
    i wish ahappy life for all...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Si@danwood's Avatar
    For over twenty years I been married to two only. First one was analogue; we devoced when I went vogue. Now I am married to digital and we have a little house to the west of analogue. I like digital because when we make love, the sheets are always clean; not much stray bullets unless she has mulfanctions. There used to be too much peeing with analogogue.

Currently no relationships outside this marriage though I like getting laid now and then when I am away from home.
    Blimey

Note the country of origin - Exactly why AIDS is epidemic in this area of the world. Not likely to improve anywhere in the world either unless fidelity returns to marriage.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Not likely to improve anywhere in the world either unless fidelity returns to marriage.
    Or unless people take proper care before doing something they'll regret later - I'm talking of course of non-commited people or people with an open relationship, I'm not condoning what you're saying.
    Mascan42

Ibid