Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How any times have you been married

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Or unless people take proper care before doing something they'll regret later - I'm talking of course of non-commited people or people with an open relationship, I'm not condoning what you're saying.
    Not even close - the failure rate for condoms over the course of a year is as high as 30%, however that's only measuring their effectiveness as birth control - a virus is a lot smaller with studies showing a much higher failure rate for AIDS sized particles. The tests only show the possibility of an aids sized particle getting through, so the infection is still lower, but do you really want to take a chance.

With other infections such as HPV, the failure rate is much higher, with infection rates not much different than riding bareback. (HPV infection causes the vast majority of cervical cancer and genital warts)
    73 DE W5SSJ

Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoceradude View Post
    It takes work, and a Great Tech will take the time to read the manual and ask the operator what the problem is. Same is true for marriage. Communication is the key and going to marriage seminars together helps you figure out the rest. (highly recommend "Family Life Weekend to Remember".)

Attend a conference - FamilyLife.com
    I agree communication is the key. We have attended a couple of the Weekends to remember. Great stuff. Most people say that marriage is 50/50. I contend that that is not the truth. Marriage is more like 60/40. Sometimes I give 60%, she gives 40%, the rest of the time she gives 60% and I give 40%. We never go to bed mad at each other. We always work it out. Trust me me have had some long nights!

One and only marriage, 17 years last Sept. We are committed for the long haul. You have to learn to leave work at work and home at home. Makes you a better spouse and a better tech.
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    talk about cursing myself. wife and I split up. marriage Number 2 over
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morlock49 View Post
    talk about cursing myself. wife and I split up. marriage Number 2 over
    I suppose you were already guessing it when you started the thread...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

WOETC
    Married Twice, divorced twice. The first time before I'd ever stuck a screwdriver in a copier. We had sexual differences, she was getting more of it than me. Then I married someone who was less than stable. Best divorce decision I ever made. Have been with my 3rd partner for 13 years, marriage not important, neither of us need anything from the other, we just like each other - still. We both firmly believe in being faithful to each other. My first obviously didn't, my second always though I'd was playing up. Clients would say hello in the streets, and she thought they were lovers.

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar
    Well, this is an older thread but since it's been brought back up I'll share.

I've never been married. Of course, I'm only 21 so not much of surprise there. However, I don't ever intend on getting hitched. The odds aren't in my favor of it being successful plus women just plain scare me sometimes.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Engineer 250+ Posts sweet.persona's Avatar
    Our lives are not stable in the workshop our focus is only in the machine and at home with the Internet and books, for me marriage is a silly idea
    A GREAT PLACE TO WORK - A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!

DAMENE ABDEL AZIZ
    DJELFA

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Well, this is an older thread but since it's been brought back up I'll share.

I've never been married. Of course, I'm only 21 so not much of surprise there. However, I don't ever intend on getting hitched. The odds aren't in my favor of it being successful plus women just plain scare me sometimes.
    This only shows that you're sane. I didn't marry until I was 27, and yes, 22 years going strong. First and only wife. We really felt like we were both much more ready for a good marriage after long term relationships. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This only shows that you're sane. I didn't marry until I was 27, and yes, 22 years going strong. First and only wife. We really felt like we were both much more ready for a good marriage after long term relationships. =^..^=
    I'm still sane? That's good to know. The voices in my head keep telling me I'm not... Liars!

Congratulations to you for your successful marriage.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

lonesome
    Only once. For four years now =)