Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Yes, I believe yer right...

I blame fatigue....heh
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New techs in the forum

Sometimes the crazy, stupid, oddball answer is correct, so I like getting as many opinions as possible. I can't tell you how many times ALL the techs I work with spotted a problem that somebody else missed - at that point we're usually so bumfuzzled we don't mind feeling a bit dense as long as the problem gets fixed.

The issue is how its worded on the forum. Nobody here has mastered the copy universe (not even me ) so we all (including me) need to remember that when posting
    73 DE W5SSJ

mjarbar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    It is just about respect. People can post their ideas without saying anything about anybody else, and let the person asking the question decide what is good info. I think if you are going to post to a long thread, you should read all of the post so you are not repeating info that has already been given.
    This is so true - many times I have seen a thread that I thought 'I know that' only to see that someone else has already answered with the same thing. Like others I also don't understand the need to reply to a thread that is months old unless it is in the rants 'n' raves and is pertinant to the thread!?!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    This is so true - many times I have seen a thread that I thought 'I know that' only to see that someone else has already answered with the same thing. Like others I also don't understand the need to reply to a thread that is months old unless it is in the rants 'n' raves and is pertinant to the thread!?!
    Famous last words. One thing that irritates the shit out of me is thread-jackers, someone who asks a completely different question in the middle of someone else's thread.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

mjarbar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Famous last words. One thing that irritates the shit out of me is thread-jackers, someone who asks a completely different question in the middle of someone else's thread.
    Yep, that indicates sheer laziness in searching for what may already be on the forums and may answer their question, after all if you want to say "Hi I'm new here..." just say it.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    New techs in the forum

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    One thing that irritates the shit out of me is thread-jackers, someone who asks a completely different question in the middle of someone else's thread.
    Speaking of which: How come we can't lick our own elbows?

/runs away LOLing!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    New techs in the forum

Some newbies are good and some aren't. We are never going to be able to stop that, but we can try to help / guide them.

I replied to a thread for a newbie the other day where they were asking how to get scanning working on a CF2002.

I replied with an answer and then came along another newbie saying the complete opposite and that the machine will do something else because it has an Emperon controller in the CF2002!!! WTF?

Stupid posts like that I have to put right because it leads others on when using the forum to fix their issues.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    You can leave them a negative comment in their reputation and drop a note in it that says something constructive like, "lets all try to help out and be constructive". They will see your comments next time they log in.
    Nice to know..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    All you can do is speak from your own experience. Don't discredit others, but have respect for one another. We're posting to help other people, not to be the be all end all, self proclaimed guru of the forum world. This isn't a competition, and respect is earned. Discrediting someone else won't get you respect, either.

I agree.

Specially those who are new here like me.

E Winter
    I don't see a big issue and absolutely no need to rant against all new members. If there's a problem with specific members it probably would make more sense to adress them directly.

What makes me dissatisfied every now and then are people who are just using this forum to gain quick intel - those guys don't contribute and don't even give a feedback in their own threads Not all, but some of them are newbies as well.