Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the most unique thing you have seen at a customers

This just now on a customer's wasted paper box. Needless to say I LOLed.
    Me too! That was funny. Thanks for that.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    Once did a call at an Aromatherapy place. There was a circle of guys and gals and they were arguing about who had to undress for the teacher to show how to massage. Then a girl said, ok...and undressed on the spot. I had to carry my tool case in front of me when I left...lol

Had a call at a place that breeds crickets as lizard food. Call was for lines on faxes. I tested and the line moved from page to page. Opened up and there was a bug crawling on the mirrors. Hated it there, little bugs flying in my nose, ears, mouth. They let me see the breeding room, egg cartons with millions and millions of crickets, creeps me out just remembering it.

WOETC
    Armaguard Office just before Christmas one year. There were millions of dollars in notes stacked up around the benches being set up for delivery to the banks. And a big armed man just over my shoulder.

Something like this!!!!!

Technician
    We had a machine at the Naval Base in Charleston that was doing some very erratic things. Finally they figured out in the room next door there was some ECM equipment (electronic counter measures--spooky stuff!) Who knows what RFI that was emitting! We had to line the back cover of the copier with aluminum foil to shield it, and the problems went away!

And then there was the power company in Savannah with 5 volt spikes on the neutral!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts excanonguy's Avatar
    When I worked at Canon we had a CLC at a strip club, they didnt have room for it in the office so it was out in the area where the girls danced...we used to fight over the service calls when they came in !!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old Copier Doctor View Post
    And then there was the power company in Savannah with 5 volt spikes on the neutral!
    Oh! Oh! That's nothing! That one reminds of one, some some months ago, of a electrical installation's company over here which had - imagine that! - 220 volts on the neutral (we're in europe, so 220v is the norm). Funny thing is it was the salesperson who found it out the hard way - he got shocked three times before I could find out what was happening (hey, I laughed, but he's a nice person, not like my signature).

First time he got a zap when connecting his GPS to the customer's outlet for it to charge. He thought nothing of it.
    Second time, when we were pushing the machine to a new location, he touched the ADF metal hinge.
    Him: "OW!"
    Me: "What?"
    Him: "I got a shock!"
    Me: "Impossible. Where?"
    Him: "On the back of the machine!"
    Me: *looking but not touching* "No way. Where exactly?"
    Him: "Here!" *touches with the finger* "OW!"
    And that was the third time.

When I measured the outlet, it read roughly 400v (neutral+live). When the customer checked it out, the wires had melted on the electrical board, touching between themselves and turning the neutral into live.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!