Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Since the majority of copiers are Japanese should we not all be converting to Shinto/Buddhism?
    If you are going to pray for devine intervention to get a copier working again it would help if you direct your request to the appropriate god.
    But they are all made in china, what religion should we pray to from there?
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    By the way thankyou all the people that did answer in a polite way. I never intended to provoke a religious war on here, and I respect other peoples religions and views and I would never denegrate their opinions.

The reason why I posted my original post ( the one that was removed )
    was because something profound happened to me. I just wanted to share it and see what comments and feedback I got.
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Just what is allowed in Rants and Raves

Quote Originally Posted by Morlock49 View Post
    But they are all made in china, what religion should we pray to from there?
    I had a trip to Beijing over Christmas a few years ago and their god now seems to be rampant capitalisam, poor old Mao has been sidelined.
    One interesting sight I saw in a department store was Santa nailed to a crucifix!
    I dont think they really understand Christmas but there again there are a lot of westerners that have forgotten what christmas is all about as well.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    .......I dont think they really understand Christmas but there again there are a lot of westerners that have forgotten what christmas is all about as well.

Well I think Christmas is about receiving.......receiving a warm welcome when you go visit your kids....receiving fantastic smiles and thankyou hugs from your grandchildren, when they open their presents, and receiving the remote control so that you can choose the programs.

I usually try to ignore Christmas as I find the commercial exploitation quite depressing but like you, one smile from my granddaughter and I go all soft and gooie!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    When kneelying down in front of a dead machine I will be praying to Murphy to leave me alone!!!!

All other prays are left for a higher forum.

Paul please be kind.

Rob S

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

By the way thankyou all the people that did answer in a polite way. I never intended to provoke a religious war on here, and I respect other peoples religions and views and I would never denegrate their opinions.
    That's very good and something rare nowadays.

It's midly ironic that oftentimes people that want to share their religious view with you rarely want you to share yours with them.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

The only god we pray to here is the copier god. Please don't jam,,please don't jam,, you must sat it 5 times a day or you will go to hell. Imthinman

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imthinman View Post
    The only god we pray to here is the copier god. Please don't jam,,please don't jam,, you must sat it 5 times a day or you will go to hell. Imthinman

I say this to problem customers. Just pray when ur copying and all will be good, the copier gods are pleased with Ur offering of toner and a new transfer belt, but have not forgotten ur inhuman acts of smashing that finisher tray against the door and breaking it cleanly off

By the way, as you know I am a christian, but beware of mentioning my mother. She's a practising witch and you don't want a case of galloping genital warts do you She can send you a manual on how to do it if you want.
    That's a trick I'd like to know - I've got a few customers and an ex boss or two it would come in very handy for...

...and back to the original topic. I'd have to say I'm also a little miffed about the censorship here - after all, look at the forum title: "Rants, Raves, and Everything Else This is the place to bitch, moan, or make a statement. Anything goes!"

Obviously there are legal issues, but in such a case the post should be edited and the offending text replaced with a message: "Moderator removed this content due to xxx..." because if it truly is a legal issue, the mod will want to show the lawyers they are trying to do the right thing.

You will always have idiots. They will say stupid things whether given an invitation or not. We're all adults here (hopefully) and can choose to educate them or ignore them as we see fit.

I have served on the Board of Directors of the oldest, largest, and most respected (or disrespected as the case may be) Pro-Life ministry in the state of Mississippi for years, and as Vice President for the past 3 years. I have had may people challenge my faith and convictions, and quite honestly I enjoy those conversations.

Morlock, please repost your original rant. I challenge the censorship and ask the mods to leave it alone this time.

I also challenge anyone participating in the discussion to post with decorum befitting whatever religion and views you represent.

And Lastly I invite supporting or opposing viewpoints - so long as it is an open and honest discussion.
    Last edited by Shadow1; 11-15-2009 at 03:02 AM.
    73 DE W5SSJ