Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thankyou for your support Shadow1. I sent you email, give me your comments.

For other people,I need to show you my Mother's aircraft. its only a single seater but it's her pride and joy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Just what is allowed in Rants and Raves

I know I'm going to be starting something, but let's just think about Christmas for a minute (and without offending anyone, discuss it). There's nothing wrong with getting and giving gifts, but do we really need a special day for that? Why not do that any time, at random, and just because you love them and want to show it? Does there really need to be a specific day? Did Jesus say only give to others one day out of the year? Does it really teach young ones to give or is it all about what they get? What does Santa Claus have to do with Jesus, the Christmas tree, or anything else except the giving part? What is the real origin of Christmas and knowing that, would God really be pleased with his people celebrating it?

My point is that people go along with (believe) things without really thinking about what it means or the consequences. I agree there are some positive things about Christmas, but a person who is truly a Christian has to examine things from God's point of view. He's the one we are trying to please in the first place, right? or do we view God as a waiter that is supposed to come at our beck and call when we snap our fingers? If a person reads the Bible and really thinks about what it says, will come to the realization that what God really wants is people who willingly out of love for him, serve him and obey him. Otherwise he would have made us all robots instead of giving us free will. I hope I didn't offend anyone, but it's really not what I believe or what you believe. What it comes down to is this, am I worshiping God the way HE wants or am I worshiping the way I want? Just because something is fun or has some good points doesn't mean it's a good thing to do. Running across the interstate may seem like it's fun and it is a quick way to get to the other side (and Lord knows there are plenty of people who do it), but it's a stupid way to die. That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by prntrfxr; 11-16-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: remove other people's quotes
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    I know I'm going to be starting something, but let's just think about Christmas for a minute (and without offending anyone, discuss it). There's nothing wrong with getting and giving gifts, but do we really need a special day for that? Why not do that any time, at random, and just because you love them and want to show it? Does there really need to be a specific day? Did Jesus say only give to others one day out of the year? Does it really teach young ones to give or is it all about what they get? What does Santa Claus have to do with Jesus, the Christmas tree, or anything else except the giving part? What is the real origin of Christmas and knowing that, would God really be pleased with his people celebrating it?

My point is that people go along with (believe) things without really thinking about what it means or the consequences. I agree there are some positive things about Christmas, but a person who is truly a Christian has to examine things from God's point of view. He's the one we are trying to please in the first place, right? or do we view God as a waiter that is supposed to come at our beck and call when we snap our fingers? If a person reads the Bible and really thinks about what it says, will come to the realization that what God really wants is people who willingly out of love for him, serve him and obey him. Otherwise he would have made us all robots instead of giving us free will. I hope I didn't offend anyone, but it's really not what I believe or what you believe. What it comes down to is this, am I worshiping God the way HE wants or am I worshiping the way I want? Just because something is fun or has some good points doesn't mean it's a good thing to do. Running across the interstate may seem like it's fun and it is a quick way to get to the other side (and Lord knows there are plenty of people who do it), but it's a stupid way to die. That's my 2 cents.
    The concept of Christmas as we are familiar with it didn't start until the mid ages, 1038, if I recall history on this correctly. The date itself was chosen, some think, based on Roman Pagan celebrations or to coincide with the winter solstice. Nobody knows for certain when he was born. Just an arbitrary date on the calendar according to some. I would have preferred the day was celebrated July 20th or something like that. This way, the gifts I got as a child, meant to be played with outside, I could have done so, instead of waiting months for the weather to be nice.

I think it sucks in winter to go shopping as an adult. I really do not like to shop even during ideal warm periods.

But truth be told, there is absolutely nothing wrong with spending your Christmas event on any day you choose. People might think you daft for putting up the tree and lights and Santa/Rudolph stuff out on a green manicured lawn, but what do you care when you are in fact avoiding all the crowds and fighting over that latest toy craze at the last minute like the fool I observe many to be during this period of the year. I doubt Christ himself really gives a hoot either way. Actually, thinking about it, the materialistic nature of Christmas itself might give him pause if he were to be around today.

Traditions be damned, I love bucking trends like that. About the only trend I cannot buck is New Years....one of those kinds of things where every noisy SOB around is celebrating it, if ya can't beat em, join em.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician 250+ Posts
    ugg. Just believe in whatever you want. As this is a copier forum lets keep religion out. If you pray to your god to make the damn machine work then feel free to express it. Just remember no one cares who your god is.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlock49 View Post
    Thankyou for your support Shadow1. I sent you email, give me your comments.

For other people,I need to show you my Mother's aircraft. its only a single seater but it's her pride and joy
    Mazdas go "Zoom, zoom".

I take it your Mom's ride goes "Broom, broom"?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by mtech View Post
    ugg. Just believe in whatever you want. As this is a copier forum lets keep religion out. If you pray to your god to make the damn machine work then feel free to express it. Just remember no one cares who your god is.
    Here we go again...

As this is the rants and raves section, and supposedly anything goes, this is the only appropriate place for mention of religion.

There have been some machines I'd swear were possessed, and I wasn't so much fixing the machine as performing an exorcism - as if such demons could be evicted with foul language. You can take that line a seriously as you want to - It was a joke, but its true enough to be funny.

And some of us DO care about who your god is - because if your god ain't God then Heaven will miss out on the richness you posses as a unique person. That is something I enjoy debating, and have done so often, although by my own admission that may exceed the bounds of a rant and may be more appropriately done in PM since its a personal decision anyway - least we offend the mod-god.
    I would have preferred the day was celebrated July 20th or something like that. This way, the gifts I got as a child, meant to be played with outside, I could have done so, instead of waiting months for the weather to be nice.
    You could always move to Australia...
    I agree with Charlie Brown - Christmas is too commercial. Stupid to throw a birthday party for somebody, and not even invite Him.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Here we go again...

You could always move to Australia...
    I agree with Charlie Brown - Christmas is too commercial. Stupid to throw a birthday party for somebody, and not even invite Him.
    If I'd lived Down Under, I would've had likely met, and MARRIED, Nicole Kidman...and unlike that tool Cruz, wouldn't have given her a reason for divorce.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

[QUOTE=Shadow1;111509]

There have been some machines I'd swear were possessed, QUOTE]

I once had a MP C2500 that was doing some very strange things and it did have 666 in its serial number!

As for Christmas Down Under, eating the traditional roast turkey dinner in 40 deg (thats 100 F for you yanks that dont talk metric) and 100% humiditity aint that much fun.

And stay away from Nicole, she's mine I tell you, all mine!!!!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

[quote=Lagonda;111706]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post

There have been some machines I'd swear were possessed, QUOTE]

I once had a MP C2500 that was doing some very strange things and it did have 666 in its serial number!

As for Christmas Down Under, eating the traditional roast turkey dinner in 40 deg (thats 100 F for you yanks that dont talk metric) and 100% humiditity aint that much fun.

And stay away from Nicole, she's mine I tell you, all mine!!!!
    What about shrimps on the barby? Along with cold beer. Nobody ever said turkey was tradition. I am pretty sure Mary and Joseph likely had lamb chops and peta bread.
    ---Groucho Marx

OMD-227
    Christmas barby is always the way to go.
    After that, I'll be out on the jetski, fishing on the bay. Fill the front storage unit with ice and beers, and you're ready for a great afternoon!
    Perfect way to end the big day.

We dont get the 100% humidity like the guys up north (Lagonda etc etc), but it's still a warm day down here in Melbourne.

As for Nicole Kidman...... geez fellas, there are plenty of sweeter chicks than her around, thats for sure. She's damaged goods I tell ya........ (waiting for the obvious smackdowns).........