Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Murphy's Law on Copiers

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    The chance a customer will want a full technical explanation of what you did is inversely proportional to the chance the customer is capable of understanding it.
    Well, that one doesn't sound so bad - you just fill it with jargon and tech-speak and the customer will just nod dumbly.

I used that one on a customer's kid when I was off-time looking at a computer problem - graphics driver update.

Kid: "What are you doing?"
    Me: "I'm just updating the graphics driver."
    Kid: "You're what the what?!?"

Sadly, grown ups usually don't go this far, they just turn dumb-mode ON and keep nodding away!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    If you see a unique problem today. You will see it 2 or 3 more times within a week.

If you think about taking your vacuum in and don't you will have to go back and get it along with a manual and several parts.

If you didn't double check the thing you just thought about going down the road then you either left it out or didn't put it back together right. Trying to convince your self otherwise only makes the customer call back sooner.

The most complex problem you imagine on your way to a call will inevitably be what is actually wrong with the machine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Murphy's Law on Copiers

If one machine needs a spare, rest of the machines in the same area needs it too.

Technician
    If you choose not to take with you the bulky manual next time, you will NEED it with the next machine,

EVERYONE will be staring at you while you are trying to find how to clear a jam/install toner in the new machine you're not yet familiar with.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    The likelihood of being forced to pay for parking soars astronomically when you have moths in your wallet.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts robscopyr's Avatar
    The fart you snuck out while you were running your vacuum will smell 10x worse if the office hottie is headed your way

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Murphy's Law on Copiers

Quote Originally Posted by robscopyr View Post
    The fart you snuck out while you were running your vacuum will smell 10x worse if the office hottie is headed your way
    I knew I'd never live that down.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    If you see a unique problem today. You will see it 2 or 3 more times within a week.
    And if you see the same problem ten times in a month, as soon as you decide to carry the part in your trunk stock, you will never see the problem again.

Only the most critical parts for the most irate customers will be backordered.