Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crap day

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    enough to puncture an 18inch tyre, as they say size isn't everything

I think some higher power was at work here. You were guided to buy the first set, but were tempted by evil to replace that set and get an inferior set and karma came along an slapped you one for this indiscretion.

Either that or the tires you bought were made from used condoms that also ironically failed the puncture test.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    I own and use a skoda octavia VRS. The replacement tyres are £135-£150 (michelin pilot sports) but i was recommended to buy Vredestein ultrac at £86 each so i gave them a go but my MPG wenty down by up 100 miles in a tank full so i couldnt be done with that. The Vredesteins are brilliant in the wet but they were no good for my driving so i went back to michelin. The Vredesteins were sold at £100 on ebay with 8mm tread as brand new so i took a loss of £100 as it cost me money to have them fitted. You live and learn

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    crap day

Different tires do have different rolling resistance, but not enough to account for 100 miles on a tank unless you drive an 18 wheeler. You got some other problems there - have the alignment checked
    73 DE W5SSJ

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Different tires do have different rolling resistance, but not enough to account for 100 miles on a tank unless you drive an 18 wheeler. You got some other problems there - have the alignment checked
    either that or poor balance and or wrong inflation pressure or outer tread diameter
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

the cars in the garage on wednesday for a service so i'll find out then.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    I own and use a skoda octavia VRS. The replacement tyres are £135-£150 (michelin pilot sports) but i was recommended to buy Vredestein ultrac at £86 each so i gave them a go but my MPG wenty down by up 100 miles in a tank full so i couldnt be done with that. The Vredesteins are brilliant in the wet but they were no good for my driving so i went back to michelin. The Vredesteins were sold at £100 on ebay with 8mm tread as brand new so i took a loss of £100 as it cost me money to have them fitted. You live and learn
    Lovely bus. I'd bite our place's sodding hand off for a Skoda. Shame we're stuck with Vauxhall pieces of shite for now.

For those over the pond, this is an Octavia VRS, same engine and running gear as the Audi TT in the petrol version, Golf chassis.

Skoda Octavia vRS diesel Reviews | Skoda Octavia Diesel | New Skoda Diesel Cars | Old Skoda Cars

Google Image Result for http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/S/skoda/octavia/vrs/03-large/08-octavia-vrs-f3qa.jpg

I WANT ONE!!!!!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Lovely bus. I'd bite our place's sodding hand off for a Skoda. Shame we're stuck with Vauxhall pieces of shite for now.

For those over the pond, this is an Octavia VRS, same engine and running gear as the Audi TT in the petrol version, Golf chassis.

Skoda Octavia vRS diesel Reviews | Skoda Octavia Diesel | New Skoda Diesel Cars | Old Skoda Cars

Google Image Result for http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/S/skoda/octavia/vrs/03-large/08-octavia-vrs-f3qa.jpg

I WANT ONE!!!!!

57 plate registered in 08, had 4k on the clock, 2 years left on the warranty and I paid just over 12k in January this year. It goes like stink and I can get up to 630 miles to 52 litres of diesel and my company pay for it but I own it and i had a ford focus estate before which is now dearer to buy than a brand new VRS and has a smaller boot

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Thumbs up

I know. It's shocking. I've got a Zafira at the minute, when mine goes back I'll have the choice of another Zafira or an Insignia. Two problems:

1. The list price on the newer Zafira is nearly £4k more than the one I have at the moment.

2. The Insignia has a smaller boot than an Astra.

Either way I'm boned, unless our place start offering different manufacturers.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.