Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Technician
    Smart ass responses you've gave to customers

I was at the car dealer where I had bought my car. They were WAY over using the copier. The service manager says "You guys sell nothing but junk" I reply "At least my machine doesn't leave you stranded by the side of the road." (this was the day after I was towed in) ;-) The truth hurts. Shut him up though.

WOETC
    I mentioned this in another thread, but some time ago I was sent to a fax with a particularly agreesive and abusive manager. He told me that the machine was a heap of shit, and he wanted it replaced. This was it's second service call for the same problem, it had a wide black line through everything they scanned. I suggested it might be "White-Out" on the scan glass and was treated to a torrent of abuse. No one in the office used the stuff. (Please note there have so far been about 15 fuckens left out of the conversation). I opened the scanner and sure enough a big blob of "White_Out" on the scan glass. I just said "oh look some bird shit right in your fax." When I got back to the office that night the staff had rung the office to tell them how I'd shut the bastard up.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Just did this Thursday. After fixing the copier I was doing my "paperwork" and one of the most complaining ladies came and asked if she could use the machine. My response "Only if you have been properly trained." She said "oh", and turned and walked off..... The 2 girls nearest the copier started fell out of their chairs laughing..
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

His breath was hot on my face, and his spitting didn't help my state of mind either. He was close to bursting a few buttons on his expensive suit,

And not one smart comment. =^..^=
    I would've pulled out my tin of mints....

I think you need one of these, your breath was distracting me from what you were saying....
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

lonesome
    I love reading your stories. I wish I have the guts to give a smart-ass response and just make the customers speechless every time they start getting annoying and arrogant, and even discriminatory.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    When you walk in and they say the copier guy is here, turn around and pretend to walk out. See how far the let you get and then say "well the copier guy is here you do not need me then!"
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    "What was wrong with our machine?"

"You had a nut loose on the control panel."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Smart ass responses you've gave to customers

i have been known to write PICNIC on my tickets...

Problem In Chair, Not In Copier

i have serviced major accounts and was in good standing with the main poc's of the offices. one was an army base, so all the buildings on the base usually had a copier or two. if someone started talking down to me or complaining, i'd stop and tell them i had to talk to their POC before proceeding. the poc and i would make them wait a week or two before i returned. no complaining at that point.

Technician

I guess this a close as I got to a smart ass answer. I had the machine in pieces and the customer walks up behind me and asks to make copy. I get up and say sure go a head. and step back away from the machine. I get this look and then she stormed out of the room . I think it would have be a good trick if she could.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

The only time I was kicked out of an office.
    I had a female customer who was the owner manager of a Safety Training organisation. They called me out because their new MPC6001 had no communication after they move it to another room. The room was very narrow, more like a cupboard, an it was difficult to get behind the machine. I asked the owner could she provide me with a safety step so I could lean over the top of the machine and refit the network cable.
    There was 3 of her staff standing beside her when she replied "what is a safety step?"
    I said "it's an orange coloured sturdy plastic box about 400mm high, it's wider at the bottom and narrow at the top to prevent people from tipping it over." She said "don't be silly there's no such thing."
    She could see the 3 office staff standing beside her became nerves an agitated at her reply. <smart@ss reply> I said "your a major Saftey Training facility and you don't know what a safety step is?" I never said another word. Well holy crap, the sh!t hit the fan. An she went off like a firecracker, yelling out loud, :--"An while you're here this peice of crap keeps doing this, and that, an everything else. --An I don't like your attitude either, so take you tool case and get out! and never come back!" Obviously I was used as her morbid ignorant attempt to save face in front of her staff.

An I never went back for almost a year.
    Even when the other Tech went on holidays leaving their machine down for two weeks. They even begged me numerous times to help fix their machine. I gave in to their begging on the last day.
    The down time cost their company thousands of dollars in lost safety manual sales...

Long sigh aahhhh !!!... revenge is sweet......
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••