Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Smart ass responses you've gave to customers

I was at a training class many years ago with a guy that was telling us story of what he said to a customer one day. It happen to be a doctor and while he was there fixing the copier the doctor asked him why he has to keep coming back, and with a straight face he asked the doctor why his patients keep coming back.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Smart ass responses you've gave to customers

I must admit, much more relaxed now doing this job and used to angry or pissed customers moaning about the machines. One Customer, came in ranting and raving about how crap the machine was, giving me grief....He said " I'm gonna throw this machine out the F""Łking window"! I said sure...its your machine, you can do what you like with it! Tell me what window and Ill open it! Never said a word back after that!

Had a guy 6 weeks ago, first time in years that i was shouted at...only 4 service calls in a year, 2 of them were RTFs, he says it keeps jamming and no paper found...i tried to explain that the location wasnt great and got my head bitten off, infront of all his staff. I said if you dont want to listen to me, then its fine, dont listen to me but i am trying to help...he went on and on and on....When he returned to his office, I filled both cassettes up to the top with paper, pressed 999 copies and sat down, not one jam. Loaded the cassettes again, pressed 999 and sat down again, the whole office was watching me all the time. After that, i stacked them on the side of the desk, pressed 999 again and sat down, after that lot, i stacked them up on top, went to the guys office and he started at me again. I pointed to the pile of paper and said, cant see an issue, any problems dont hesitate to call me. Havent heard from him in over a month!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts StrippedScrew's Avatar

Had a good one the other day, the key op has a good sense of humor, so she comes up to me while I'm working on this antique HP and says "Whats wrong with this piece of $hit this time?", I looked up at her and said "your question just answered itself". The whole office just lost it!

Working in africa you get a good mix of dumb and arrogant. Found a virus on one(all) of the government computers. The lady ask me what is wrong and i responded by say its got a virus, so she asked what kind of virus. My response to that was "HIV", I then watched her slowly moving away from her computer with a look of shock on her face.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I have a fairly new customer, I've only been in there a couple of times, the IT guy in charge of all the machines keeps complaining about EVERYTHING, and saying his 10 year old Sharp machines didn't do that, didn't need that, didn't have to do that to get machine to do this...you get the idea.

First time I went in there I had to seriously bite my tongue to stop myself from saying something out loud when he mentioned his 10 year old Sharp approximately 10 times in a 5 minute conversation. I got called in last Friday as the machine was printing documents smaller than A4, they wanted it to fill the A4 page. I called him before visiting to explain that this is not a printer issue, it's a page setup problem, I got the standard reply...it doesn't print like that on our 10 year old Sharp!! I wasn't going to get anywhere on the phone so I agreed to visit. I got in there and he demonstrated what the machine was doing, I showed him that there is an underline that runs the full width of the paper, so this is part of the printable area...BUT it never did that on their 10 year old Sharp!!

Luckily they still have the 10 year old Sharp on site, so he added it as a printer again to this users PC and printed the same document.

Sometimes you don't need to give a smart ass response, it happens without words being uttered, when he retrieved the print from the 10 year old Sharp it was exactly the same as the new printer

It appears that the website they print shipping labels from must have changed the page layout, I bet I don't hear any more about their bloody 10 year old Sharp machines
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

worker drone 250+ Posts

Happened earlier today...Finish the call and present call for signature. I handed her my pen and when she commented on how nice it wrote, I told her "I had dropped it in the toilet earlier but it was still writing OK". I have known this lady for years so I knew I could get away with a joke. You find out how many people in an office actually listen in on conversations when the whole place busts out laughing simultaneously.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar

Was at a bank a few weeks back,the machine was stripped in pieces and a guy walked right passed me and loaded his docs in the adf and couldnt understand why the machine wasnt pulling the pages in when he pressed start....well for one the machine was unplugged and in pieces,he then askes is this machine not operational,i didnt even awnser him i just pointed to all the loose parts....he then walked off.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Smart ass responses you've gave to customers

After telling a customer countless times that they needed better paper and knowing they were buying their paper because of the price, I asked "How much are you paying for your paper?". She replied "$32 a case". I replied "You got your moneys worth"

Quote Originally Posted by Brett GS View Post
    Was at a bank a few weeks back,the machine was stripped in pieces and a guy walked right passed me and loaded his docs in the adf and couldnt understand why the machine wasnt pulling the pages in when he pressed start....well for one the machine was unplugged and in pieces,he then askes is this machine not operational,i didnt even awnser him i just pointed to all the loose parts....he then walked off.
    You must be fairly new.
    That is a daily occurrence.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    You must be fairly new.
    That is a daily occurrence.

Yep, I remember having this Konica 2510 gutted and strung across the counter, was talking to the desk Sargent about stupid things customers do and ask and right on time a young solider walks between us, looks at the gutted machine, puts documents on top, shuts the side door and starts pressing the unlit start button on a dead machine. The Sargent and I looked at each other and just burst out laughing. This just happened to be the same office where about a year earlier I had told them I would be able to find out who broke the copier when I reviewed the pictures. "Pictures?" they ask. I then told them that every time they press the start button a camera behind the LCD takes their picture for reference. A week after that, I walk by and see them turning their heads while pressing start.

I don't want to worry anyone but these were Special Operations soldiers.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking