Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Smart ass responses you've gave to customers

I think the best response was, and feel free to use it, when I was sitting on a floor in a hallway with a Bizhub 350 in pieces around me and the Company Commander, unaware that his guys broke the machine with a coat hanger, started giving me shit about how inconvenienced his unit was without the copier. I listened and when he was through, I told him how 3 of his idiots got a coat hanger stuck in a gear pack and damaged a gear. He didn't know what to say, so I responded. "Major, I am not even mad, and do you know why? I am a member of an online tech forum made up of copy techs from around the world. In addition to helping each other solve problems we talk about stupid things customers do. I am sure that having worked out here all these years my tales have almost made me a legend on that site. Guess who I will be talking about tonight?" He walked away unable to respond.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quite often when dealing with customers, they say to me "oh dear..you must think i'm really stupid"....I just look them straight in the eye & respond..."I've always been led to believe the customer is always right...."
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Quite often when dealing with customers, they say to me "oh dear..you must think i'm really stupid"....I just look them straight in the eye & respond..."I've always been led to believe the customer is always right...."

Or just let them know that their technological ignorance is a guarantee of your job security.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking