Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    A lot of the Good 'ol Boys out here have 4wd trucks too. Most of them don't realize that it may get you moving in the snow, but it ain't gonna get you stopped.

I learned to drive in New Jersey, so its no big deal to me, but I dread winter weather down here.
    Ever notice that when the evening news shows places that are having severe snow you see a bunch of 4x4s in the ditch (or wherever)?

And who is it that whizzes by you on the freeway in a snowstorm? You guessed it - Superman in a 4x4.

Don't get me wrong, 4x4s are great (my wife and I have a 4Runner, which I don't drive for work), but the key is to drive responsibly.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    You mean you got one of these cool USB rocks?
    Nah, just the conventional type.

That USB rock looks really cool though; I think I'll check it out! Thanks!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    I got a Blu-Ray player and the Star Trek movie.

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Nah mate.... just hard work. Life's pretty sweet down here. You'd love it.
    'Tis summer and all.... beaches, babes, mini skirts, great clients..... Merry freak'n Christmas!
    Of course I'd love it, Nicole Kidman lives there.....
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Ever notice that when the evening news shows places that are having severe snow you see a bunch of 4x4s in the ditch (or wherever)?

And who is it that whizzes by you on the freeway in a snowstorm? You guessed it - Superman in a 4x4.

Don't get me wrong, 4x4s are great (my wife and I have a 4Runner, which I don't drive for work), but the key is to drive responsibly.
    I've never owned a 4x4....driven 8x8 and 6x6s (army), but those were more effective in mud....

My fwd sebring gets me where I want to go with decent winter boots on it. I stop when I need to, even in some really shit conditions.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    I got a Blu-Ray player and the Star Trek movie.

I hope the Trek movie was in blue ray......nothin worse than havin to wait to play with the player....
    ---Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    I've never owned a 4x4....driven 8x8 and 6x6s (army), but those were more effective in mud....

My fwd sebring gets me where I want to go with decent winter boots on it. I stop when I need to, even in some really shit conditions.
    Are studded snow tires and / or chains allowed where you live?

Most states have made then illegal or limited their use to only a few months.

Man, talk about getting off the topic!

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Are studded snow tires and / or chains allowed where you live?

Most states have made then illegal or limited their use to only a few months.

Man, talk about getting off the topic!

Out of city limits they are tolerated, and in some areas, encouraged. In town not so much....it depends from one province to the next.

But most of the time, Calgary seldom gets much snow...it is considered a desert environment in these parts, so snow of any amount is usually very little and usually it melts within days of falling due to chinook winds (warm coastal winds) that frequent this part of the province in the winters.

Of course, this past month has been an extreme exception to that basic rule...global warming, my ass!
    ---Groucho Marx

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 500+ Posts
    what did your Santa bring ya

Back on topic - a bit - a Gigabyte EX58 mobo and an Intel i7 2.66 GHz processor - and socks!!!

As for the weather please keep it if you don't mind, we had a couple of flakes and the country went to pot, they are forecasting another 12inches for parts of the country so we may be back up and running sometime in 2012!!!
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    what did your Santa bring ya

After hearing that it gets down to -85F in Calgary, I guess the weather here in New York is downright balmy.

Oh, and I got Guitar hero for PS2, to keep me busy on those snow days.