Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar

what did your Santa bring ya

my santa gave me a micro-helicopter.

Blade mSR RTF (EFLH3000): E-flite - Advancing Electric Flight

Cool little flier....been chasing the cats in the house with it. They can run, but they cannot hide.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I've got an esky Honey Bee FP, I was told it was an ideal learner's heli. Not had it off the ground for more than two or three seconds. I need to find a huge open space to try and learn in! Cool little heli tho dude, I might have a look at one.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

That E-sky is very similar to one of the first ones I got into...fixed pitch roter...reasonably easy to fly for first timers...I started out on an dual axial variant of your model, then went up to one similar to yours and eventually got into a blade CP 3D variable pitch. E-Flight used to make the type you own, I wonder if E-sky is a subsidiary or something.

The dual axial one is ideal to learn on for basic flight. Stable once the trim is set properly.

Yours is flyable outside, but it has to be really calm. You'll go through lots of blades. Typically a crash kit consisting of a few sets of main rotor, rear rotor blades. Also the rear rotor gear and a set of landing gear. If you are really unlucky, the tailboom itself as well as some of the linkage parts for the main rotor.

This new one I got is tiny....better suited to indoors. I fly it around the living room. It also has fixed pitch, so less need to concentrate on that....hovering is relatively difficult in variable models....I'll have to look at one of those down the road...too bad they are pricey.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I don't have the patients to fly helos, I'll stick with fixed wings. I've got a Parkzone Cessna 210 Centurion you can fly almost anywhere. The thing is tiny, and very light. I can crash it over and over and it almost never breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I don't have the patients to fly helos, I'll stick with fixed wings. I've got a Parkzone Cessna 210 Centurion you can fly almost anywhere. The thing is tiny, and very light. I can crash it over and over and it almost never breaks.
    Those are cool too....I've seen a couple around. I used to fly the nitros, largest I ever flew was a Piper Cub J-3 with a .60 four stroke. Its actually my dad's. Amongst the many fixed wings he has...a f4u corsair, P51 mustang to name a couple. I got away from those because as a fixed wing pilot, I suck. Too expensive to repair or replace. Now the Parkzone you speak of....that might be something more up my alley...so to speak....
    ---Groucho Marx

All I got was bills.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    All I got was bills.
    I got a few of those too. I needed fire starter, so the timing was impeccable.
    ---Groucho Marx

Correction - I also got a bottle of cologne that I don't wear - it bothers my sinuses.

Hey, is it flamable too?
    73 DE W5SSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Correction - I also got a bottle of cologne that I don't wear - it bothers my sinuses.

Hey, is it flamable too?
    I would think it is....usually alcohol in that...

If yer thinking of using it for starting charcoal bricks for your bbq, I don't recommend...it will make your steaks taste funny.

Maybe you could use it as an alcohol cleaner in those desperate moments when you find you are out of the good stuff?
    ---Groucho Marx

OMD-227
    My Work Santa gave me an Xbox 360 Elite, with 4 games.
    My Mrs Santa gave me some cool Yamaha shirts & accessories for the jetski, as well as a very nice night out in a great hotel.
    My family Santa gave me the usual shirts/socks/jocks/cologne.... everything I need to get through another year.

It was a pretty good one this year!