Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IDIOTS

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    The trick is that you need to show them what utter morons they are by what you find.

For example, I have no problems with making a fool of the customer who plays the "it's your machine, not the user" game whenever I view a machine. If I find a problem in a machine, I do not correct it until I show it to the customer if it is operator related. Earlier today I had this opportunity. Some ass suit was swearing up and down at our dispatch girl (who is the sweetest girl you could ever meet) that the machine did not work when trying to print to 11x17, she tried to walk him through a few checks but that was beneath him. After talking with her and taking the call, I went to see what was up.

Stupid customer had configured the tray to 11x17W. Before I looked at the machine, I got the fellow who was rude to the dispatch to stand beside me and look at the machine and wouldn't you know it. My question was, what is wrong with this picture, pointing to the configured tray.

Long story short, I made him look stupid and I had no problem doing that. At the end of the visit I asked him to call our dispatch girl and apologize to her. Instead, he calls my service manager to complain about me making a fool of him. Wrong move. I had already called my boss when I left the call and passed on what I had found. He was already aware of the rude treatment the dispatch girl got.

Stupid customer ended up apologizing to her after the boss had a few words to say. We can stand losing a customer who is belligerent as it is no loss to us in the long run. This customer is still with us, but a bit wiser regarding treatment of us mere 'plebes'.

And yes, the more education they get, the stupider they become. This is a universal statement.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

^^^Well done, mate.
    If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IDIOTS

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    Translation:
    Don't let the bastards wear you down.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar
    I love doing that too. I bring them to the machine and show them what I found,and then they feel embarassed or pissed.I found the key is is that when thet get irritated I laugh and tell them it happens more often than they'll ever know( it usually changes their mood and attitude).

What do you mean it's going to be billable I have a contract that covers this?????? I'm sorry to inform you that your service contract doen't cover damage by Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts or any other liquids that seem to have invaded your control panel!!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    switch to decaf ........and remember to take your med's

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IDIOTS

IDIOTS

What do you mean it's going to be billable I have a contract that covers this?????? I'm sorry to inform you that your service contract doen't cover damage by Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts or any other liquids that seem to have invaded your control panel!!!!
    Spoken like a true Maine-i-ac. I'm from there so I should know. Although I view myself as living in exile most of the time, I usually have a good opinion of Georgia in the winter.

switch to decaf ........and remember to take your med's
    Maine people stand on our soapboxes and tell people what's really on our minds. It's a state pastime and we are professionals at it. Coffee or meds have absolutely nothing to do with it. It's absolutely normal, in fact, I bet he feels a whole lot better now that he's vented with us. This forum is a great stress reliever, and who else but your buddies, who do the same work as you, will understand what you're going through. Peace out.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Talking

Damn straight i feel better

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Just trying to make a helpful suggestion to a brother in arms....LOL...try thinking warm thoughts....like......I use to be concerned...now I'm just amused....and at the end of the day, try to remember....if a customer has a problem.....they have a problem.....hehehe

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar

Smile

You'll give yourself an ulcer letting customers get you riled up.Then it affects your driving. Then kicking the dog. Cheerfully executing your mission, and making the customers glad to see you, and keeping the machine clean, also, will keep you happier, and your customers loyal. It's not about being right all the time. More like being the right guy for the job. Wow ! I should get into motivational speaking.
    Kevin900