Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: IDIOTS

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glewisme View Post
    If your sales staff is anything like ours then the techs wind up doing the training any way.Hard to train on a machine that you have no clue how to use yourself.LOL Damn salespeople!!!
    Hey, when you're right, you're right...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IDIOTS

First point: My boss may sign my paycheck, but its my customers who pay it.

Second Point: My customer is always right... eventually - its my job to teach them to be right.

Third Point: The only time a customer is wrong is when they want to abuse me or my equipment, and again, its my job to educate them that it just ain't gonna go down that way. Long before I was a copier tech I was a computer tech and I had a customer read me the riot act for something that wasn't my fault. Turns out wasn't the company's fault either, but something they were doing wrong. I tried to just do my job and fix it, but she was appearantly going to chew my butt forever and not let me near the keyboard or get a word in edgewise, so I wasn't going to argue with her: I walked out "call me when you want it fixed." She caught me halfway across the parking lot and decided she wanted me to fix it after all. On my terms.

I thought I was going to get fired but one of the guys watching surprised me offering to buy me a beer - he'd never seen anybody shut his wife down like that, and I guess she dispensed a lot of ass chewings.

I had it fixed pretty quick, and probably earned more respect from the customer not putting up with the BS especially after I showed them what was wrong. When the same thing happened a few months later I got a call from her "I think we screwed something up again" Customer is always right... but this time it was a heck of a lot easier to fix: I didn't have to go onsite, I didn't have to waste time getting my butt chewed, I talked her through it on the phone, and never had the problem again.

Fourth and final point: There are a few rare customers who will never be happy, cost you more money than you can possibly make from them, and trash your reputation every chance they get. So far I've only had one in my entire career.
    73 DE W5SSJ