Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

just another food scare Mwa hahaha

could this be the reason why we get ill after eating, and we don't know why?

"A study published in December 2009 in the International Journal of Biological Sciences found that three varieties of Monsanto genetically-modified corn caused damage to the liver, kidneys, and other organs of rats. One of the corn varieties was designed to tolerate broad-spectrum herbicides, (so-called 'Roundup-ready' corn), while the other two contain bacteria-derived proteins that have insecticide properties. The study made use of Monsanto's own raw data. Quoting from the study's 'Conclusions' section: 'Our analysis highlights that the kidneys and liver as particularly important on which to focus such research as there was a clear negative impact on the function of these organs in rats consuming GM maize varieties for just 90 days.' Given the very high prevalence of corn in processed foods, this could be a real ticking time bomb. And with food manufacturers not being required by law to declare GMO content, I think I'll do my best to avoid corn altogether. Pass the puffed rice and pour me a glass of fizzy water!"
    Last edited by Morlock49; 01-15-2010 at 02:13 AM. Reason: adding
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Whenever I see alerts like this, I really wish the people publishing the article would place in the caveat "EVERYTHING IN MODERATION"

Or in other words, don't make a steady diet of any food. Especially if you are a hypochondriac or chicken little who are scared of things like this.

Pass me the corn on the cob so I can butter and salt that sucker up while I have this delicious cornmeal breaded stew.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    just another food scare   Mwa hahaha

My folks are allergic to gluten (wheat) products. Do you have any idea how many things have gluten in them?! Anyway they eat corn and rice products to compensate, so I'll be sure to tell them about this. Just what they need another thing they can't eat (or at least not as much) Thanks.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

former propeller tester 250+ Posts
    Food for Spin Doctors....twenty years ago GM foods were promoted to farmers so they could use more herbicide without killing the crop, at the same time consumers are told GM is good because farmers can use less herbicide on the crop . Roll on corporate america lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    the main poïnt I was making was "Dont eat the rats"

Seriously though, we have now reached the day and age when we dont know how our food is processed and what additives are in them. I know someone said everything in moderation, but wouldn't it be nice to know our food is safe in the first place. Who wants to eat poison in moderation?
    Last edited by Morlock49; 01-17-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Adding and spelling
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

mjarbar

Exclamation

You don't want to know about the beef production side of things!!!

the undertaker
    [QUOTE=Morlock49;118138]the main poïnt I was making was "Dont eat the rats"

you aint one of those hairy guys that live underground and eat people are ya

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    just another food scare   Mwa hahaha

There is a sugar substitute banned in the U.S. (but I think its widely used in Europe) because it increased the cancer rate in lab rats at extremely high doses. What they didn't say is giving the rats the same overdose of one of the approved substitutes or even real sugar would have killed every one of the little suckers outright. I'm not saying its safe to drink bug spray, just that "Government Approval" for any product or technology is influenced by how much money is floating around. Al Gore makes a heck of a profit giving speaches about global warming in the middle of a blizzard. What he doesn't tell you is just 4% of the CO2 in the air is attributed to man, and the ice caps on Mars have been shrinking as well.

I'm just saying to take things with a grain of salt and do your own research.

Are there better things out there than GM corn and fossil fuels? Yup.
    Do we need to start developing them and use them? Yup.
    Right this very minute even though it will kill our economy? Get real. We've already discovered some of the alternatives are worse than the original. Follow the money.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Hell, if you drink too much water it will kill you. I guess they have to figure out new ways to spend that government grant money, otherwise they won't get it again next year.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    As shadow stated, there are many studies about everything and everything out there is killing us.

Alcohol will kill liver cells in sufficient quantities. So will taking too much excedrin or many other "pills".

How about this study that should send shivers down your spine.

Oxygen is bad for us.

Sounds odd, but it is. It is good for us as well. Read on....

http://medind.nic.in/jac/t03/i3/jact03i3p234.pdf

As I said, everything in moderation, because everything has the potential to kill us or destroy our liver and kidneys and heart and brain cells and so on and so on.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.