Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackuth View Post
    Attachment 3392
    I have two of these in my kit. They are the best things for grabbing those small, nylon clips.

My first boss got upset when I refered to these as a roach clip. Don't understand.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    What's in your tool bag ?

I don't know about useful, but I once found an old mouldy blueberry muffin in one of my fellow techs toolcase.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What's in your tool bag ?

I don't know about useful, but I once found an old mouldy blueberry muffin in one of my fellow techs toolcase.
    Keeps customers from touching your tools and keeps the "roach clip" happy.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    This new style WD40 pen is the bomb. You can apply precise amounts with the pen tip. No more dripping oil, or over-spray. I recommend this to all my fellow techs.NoMessPen.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KEVIN900; 02-05-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: forgot to add picture
    Kevin900

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    If you can find a typing eraser (pictured here: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...raser_1423.jpg) They are the only thing to clean a corona wire or any other electrical contact point with.

Also, if you CAN find them would you mind telling me where.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    A few of my shop mates and I discussed this a few weeks ago.

Apparently these are no longer being produced.

But here are a couple links to some products I found online....

I do not know if this one has any abrasives needed for the job, but it is similar to what you posted.

ArtSuppliesOnline.com - Eraser Pencil With Brush

This one isn't elegant like the pen type, but it does have the abrasive needed for the job...

Paper mate Union Ink/Pencil Eraser - PAP70522
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

I should have mentioned but...
    these: Amazon.com: Super - SR0101 , Super - Rust Eraser - Blister Card: Sports & Outdoors

Work really well but you almost have to whittle it down so it will fit in some corona blocks. It works as well or better than the typing erasers but as you said about the other... not very elegant.

Even the people at the typewriter "shops" look at you like your nuts when you look for them!

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    MagLight.jpgI Recommend every tech upgrade to one of the new style LED flashlights, if you haven't already. The batteries last a lot longer, and they're so bright, it's like looking at the sun.
    Kevin900

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    At Wal-Mart you can find cheap led lights in the sporting goods section. I buy em 4 and 5 at a time for $1.99.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

If you don't mind spending a little bit (20 bucks shipped) on a good light then get one of these:

iTP Light A3 EOS Standard Edition AAA LED Flashlight [itpa3eoss] - $18.50 : Going Gear, Gearing you up for the outdoors

It puts out more light than a 4D Maglight and runs on 1AAA for about an hour straight at the same output.