Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    Thanks, KenB, I spent years, honing the customer skills, and it has been paying off. There are common sense steps any tech can take. Like ALWAYS checking their toner inventory, then offering to order it for them, instead of telling them to make a call. Learning, and using their names, keep a list. Use your name," I'm your copier guy, Kevin.". Be cheery, and clean, and consider bringing in some doughnuts to a call on Friday morning. Wear a tie, even if your company only requires a collar shirt. Be the extra mile guy. Turn off the annoying beeps on the control panel. Don't say "You're doing it wrong.", try; "Here's what works with other customers". I could go on. Perhaps I should start a ninja customer service thread. P.S. I have my customers trained to never call on Friday afternoons. Let me know if you want the key to that one.
    Kevin900

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    "Yo, Baby, I'm the Kopier TeK, .
    I'm afraid "Baby" may get you in trouble with some other company's H.R. Perhaps "Yo, Customer, I'm your Kopier TeK, I'm here to bust a move on your xerographic process" And I think "bust a move" needs an update. What do you think ? "on your Xerographic Process" is priceless.
    Kevin900

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Honestly, I'd rather not say. But I will say I love driving my Benz.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Rorschach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather not say. But I will say I love driving my Benz.
    Heh. Before I got my company Race-Ready Technoforce Clown Car, I'd roll up in my X5 and could just tell that my customers would look at each other and say, "We're paying them waaaaay too much."
    Today's subliminal quote is:

OMD-227
    Well, I rock up to the customer wearing a Louis Vuitton tie everyday. I have several of them. Certainly makes the chicks take notice of you. And yes, I am the winner of the best-dressed tech award... 15 years running now. You have to at least look the part.
    Oh, and on the weekends, I pull my jetski around with my company car. I too have been told that I'm paid way too much with that in tow........How true indeed

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    How much money do you make?

5 years ago i started at 22k a year. It sucked lol. Thankfuly i didn't have any debt from school.

When the dealership was sold to another company, my new service manager took good care of me
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    How much money do you make?

From what I'm reading here, seems like I'm in the wrong part of the world!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Louis Vuitton tie, I'll have to look that one up. I know of some techs in another county( with big city ) that are making 100k. their not worth it but they are making it. their boss has bough a lot of business so if your crooked it can be done. like they have B&W 45cpm machines out in the jails, county commissers office, places like that that they get 2400.00 per month per machine and not high vol either.

happyga
    I am not necesarily in the copier field. I am here to figure out how to work on my own copier that the company I worked for gave me. I make $60k a year and I run the "Engineering" Department for a manufactured Housing Plant.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    I'm an exception the rule in my company. When I was the service manager for a local shop we were bought by the direct operation we were a dealer for. As part of the deal (big thanks to my boss) my salary and tenure were preserved in the transition, even though my position dropped from management to field technician. Including salary, bonus, gain-share and typical sales lead payouts I'm around $62k. Salary on its own is $48k.