View Poll Results: Do you get a company vehicle?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES-and it's a nice vehicle

94 29.56%
  • YES-It's an ok vehicle

89 27.99%
  • YES-And it's a piece of s*&%

24 7.55%
  • NO

111 34.91%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

Re: Do you have a company car?

Personal vehicles for most of us, and company cars for those that want/need one. We used to get a solid .35 cent per mile. Then after gas pushed closer to 4.00 a gallon we went to a sliding scale. No lower then .34 no higher then .55 based on the average cost of fuel in the local area. Plus we are required to be GPS'ed if you want your monthly reimbursement check. There has been talk about getting all the techs a company Ford Transit, but I don't think that is going to happen any time soon.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    They didn't ask and beings they own the vehicle i would be surprised if they had to ask, our policy technically says we are only supposed to drive the vehicle for work purpose, they let us drive beyond that within consideration of using their fuel but no ones in the office after 5pm to watch the gps anyway.
    GPS shows your movements throughout the day. In effect an invasion of privacy. Thats why it is asked for your approval here. Some want you to have a GPS to use some automated feature in job allocation software. If you have been employed by someone for years, they do not have job allocation software and they want one to track fuel. What is the real reason? If your fuel bill increases dramatically you could understand.....no

Don't they trust there staff?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Do you have a company car?

Our company provides the vehicles, gas card, and all repairs and maintainence. They are gps tracked however. We all have dodge grand caravans mine is a 2011. At a regular 50,000 miles per year average that i drive theres no way id use my own car.
    They didn't ask and beings they own the vehicle i would be surprised if they had to ask, our policy technically says we are only supposed to drive the vehicle for work purpose, they let us drive beyond that within consideration of using their fuel but no ones in the office after 5pm to watch the gps anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzahos View Post
    GPS shows your movements throughout the day. In effect an invasion of privacy. Thats why it is asked for your approval here. Some want you to have a GPS to use some automated feature in job allocation software. If you have been employed by someone for years, they do not have job allocation software and they want one to track fuel. What is the real reason? If your fuel bill increases dramatically you could understand.....no

Don't they trust there staff?
    When an employer provides a vehicle for you to use, they are legally allowed to track that vehicle. The same is true if they provide you with a smart phone. Just because they have to ability to track you through GPS does not mean that some is sitting at a computer watching your every movement. What it does mean that should a priority customer call for service they can enter the location of the closest techs and after determining how soon you will finish your current call, dispatch who ever they determine can get there the soonest.

Technician

We have company cars, I drive a 2014 Nissan Versa, with a company gas and maintenance card, it doesn't hold many parts but it does the job...

The company I work for gave me a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan with no seats in back. I get a gas card, and the company maintains the vehicle. When they transferred me to another location, they allowed me to start taking the vehicle to and from work, which has been really nice. It's nothing fancy, but it gets where I need to go with air conditioning and a stereo.

Technician

Thanks, in advance, for any info.
    Very interesting. thanks for sharing.

รู้ลึก รู้จริงเรื่อง วิเคราะห์แม่น เรื่องฟุตบอลที่นี่ที่เดียว วิเคราะห์บอล

I get a weedy little peugeot van

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

New company car every 3 years, unquestioned & unlimited personal use - within state. No at fault insurance excess to pay in accidents either costs me zilch. No inspections either, washed the last one twice in entire duration. Was sold at auction for $31,000 less than purchase price when I was done with it.

Being a car enthusiast I never drive it in my time though as its boring as hell so I'm not taking advantage of that. I have 3 personal cars and don't actually need any of them, but I love them.

Company car-lancer 2.0 including fuel....month ago got a i10 grand saving 1/4th the fuel

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

I've been informed that my new car will be a BMW 330e. The tax bill will be less than half what I'm paying for my Mercedes A Class. Hybrid is the way forward for the company car driver, until the government move the goalposts and shaft us all again.