View Poll Results: Do you get a company vehicle?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES-and it's a nice vehicle

94 29.56%
  • YES-It's an ok vehicle

89 27.99%
  • YES-And it's a piece of s*&%

24 7.55%
  • NO

111 34.91%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Do you have a company car?

Quote Originally Posted by alliedofficeproducts View Post
    When you have to supply your own vehicle you tend to treat it a bit better. Got to get those monthly oil changes, tires rotated and other scheduled maint when needed, just like the copiers. A little luck never hurts either.
    I don't agree... I only take my personal vehicle in once every six months or so for an oil change and I wash it far less (Because I don't care). My company vehicle is treated better because my company pays for it all. It gets regular maintenance and washes. It's part of my job taking care of it and I'd rather not reck it because then I'd have to most likely use my own car and that would be a hassle. Keeping receipts, miles, and all the crap that goes with driving my own car. I'm 100% more likely to wreck my car if its on the road than if its not on the road. Not only that my company is in far better shape to recover from a vehicle loss than I. They don't pay me enough to risk loosing my car. They have these places where people can rent cars and I'm not one of them. If I owned a semi truck as an owner operator, I'd charge what I needed and not what the paying company thought my truck was worth. As I said in another post... if you own the equipment doing the work for a company, you own that part of the company.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

For those with company/private Hybrid cars or Tesla full electric cars.
    The follows article show interesting promise for quick drive up recharge stations for work or home.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/18/te...s-almost-here/
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Just got a company vehicle after many years of using my own. The company I worked for was bought out and the new company uses Ford Transit Connects. It's a pretty decent company sled. I have the long wheelbase model and it's been outfitted with drawers that slide out at the rear and has really good cargo area. I don't miss putting a ton of miles every year on my own car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

We've always had a company vehicle where I work, now in my 31st year. Lost count of how many I've had over the years. They finally got me a new one (instead of a hand-me-down) 3 years ago and I really like it. It's a Ford Transit Connect 2015. I've put almost 70K on it so far.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    I did have a company car for another company I worked for. Until you have one you don't realize how much the company is getting from you by having you use your own vehicle. It was nice having a gas card an not paying for insurance or repairs, but oil changes, washes, repairs were all done on company time with the company car.
    We have 2019 Hyundai Tucson AWD. Everything is paid for and all repairs on company time as well. One perk we get with the car is we do pay $140 a month to drive it off company time. I have driven a previous car from Ohio to the Keys and Washington DC. All the gas is paid for by the company. The only thing they want to know is when you are going to do something like this so they know why they get the Gas bill why it was bought in Florida. I have driven the current car to Upper Michigan and Gatlinburg. it's nice to get to drive to run all my errands in the evening and weekends.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Had company cars for 30+years , last one was a BMW 320d m sport but decided to opt out and buy a Volvo v90 Cross country. Company pays me £450 a month and fuel costs .

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you have a company car?

Quote Originally Posted by canonclc View Post
    Had company cars for 30+years , last one was a BMW 320d m sport but decided to opt out and buy a Volvo v90 Cross country. Company pays me £450 a month and fuel costs .

How much company car tax will this save you?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Do you have a company car?

Nope, 11 Corolla. Company pays me over $600 a month for mileage. Interestingly enough, we just hired someone on from a company that's fairly large south of us, they also used personal cars but were completely wrapped with the company colors and logo

We use Peugeot Partners, the diesel ones, so far so good. We can load 3 c224 separated and still keep a low gas consumption. Plenty of room even when i taking back 3 tool bags, 2 spare parts boxes, 1 box with road emergency kit and toner.

6654431D-9FEC-43DD-8D9F-E134F3BAC4C0.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

After many years driving my own car now have a company Nissan NV200, it is easy to handle even in small spaces and I carry two complete C224e