View Poll Results: Do you get a company vehicle?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES-and it's a nice vehicle

94 29.56%
  • YES-It's an ok vehicle

89 27.99%
  • YES-And it's a piece of s*&%

24 7.55%
  • NO

111 34.91%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Do you have a company car?

car is bore. no thrilling. bike is my choice.to ride in traffic it is better.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Bikes may work great in india, but if you ride one in the states you get run over. Some of my buddies use their motorcycles in the summer for some jobs. One time another car pushed my buddy off the road at an intersection. He said he put his boot on the driver side door right below the window, to get the guy's attention and the guy just kept pushing him over. Then had the nerve to cuss him out because my friend dared to put a boot on his car. My friend replied that he was fortunate that was the only place he put his boot and if my friend had had to drop his bike he would have been speaking to his lawyer.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Well, the company i worked for only allows me to use the car during working hours and after i use a motorbike, yamaha 200 to use after working hours. The best part is the company meets the gas, repairs and maintanence.

This is John

26-06-09_1235.jpg
    John fell of his motorbike
    John now sits in the workshop rebuilding fusers all day
    John has so much metal in his legs he'll have trouble with airport scanners.
    26-06-09_1236.jpg

The moral is motorbikes can ruin your life!
    Last edited by Lagonda; 02-10-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: picture lay out
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

I also drive a dodge. I am a spoiled shit though.. a 2011 dodge ram 3500 diesel crew cab 4 door. but that is what I get for being an only employee. my last diesel got about 24 mpg. but the new truck only gets right at 15 mpg. I am on the road alot and it sure is a benefit... in the summers I take my 68 camaro. my customers think I must get paid too much...

brent

Pendri
    We get $.38 per mile plus parking. Owner think's it is to much. Then they complain about us having to go to the shop to pick up parts.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

somebody here has a holden waggon? (Pontiac G8)?

WHERE DO YOU WORK!

I had a company Van when I used to work for a Telco (similar to AT&T), all car expense paid, and then I moved to copy machine side. A lil econo box carries me around in Zoom Zoom style. Dont underestimate the 2.5 engine and 6MT! (yep, car allowance here)

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickg View Post
    We get $.38 per mile plus parking. Owner think's it is to much. Then they complain about us having to go to the shop to pick up parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendri View Post
    Déjà vu.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Nope

Been doing this 14+ years with 2 fairly good-sized companies and never had one.
    We get a rediculously low mileage for the first 200 miles a week followed by an insultingly lower mileage for the rest. I least I can write the balance off on my taxes.
    Cry Havok! And let slip the dogs of war...

Technician
    In Colombo, Sri Lanka all copier brand techs are given mobikes some travel to customers in buses. So when they reach customers they are full of sweat its awful when travel on dusty roads. The same thing is in india Modi Xerox they mostly travel in Bajaj Chetak Scooters & Hero Honda. Earlier in Sri Lanka we used Suzuki GS250 / GS125, Yamaha RX250/ YZR125 bikes but company has cut down all expenses on those bikes now tech go in Chinese bikes or indian made machines. it sucks!!!!!!!