View Poll Results: Do you get a company vehicle?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES-and it's a nice vehicle

94 29.56%
  • YES-It's an ok vehicle

89 27.99%
  • YES-And it's a piece of s*&%

24 7.55%
  • NO

111 34.91%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar
    Yes. We have Chevy HHR's. I really hate the look of the car and the small rear window makes it hard to see everthing behind you, but it serves its purpose.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Do you have a company car?

This is really unusual. I got to choose the vehicle. It's a 2008 Scion xB. The only things that I had to change were to add a 3/4" plywood floor in the back, and to add a "pet barrier" to keep the parts from piling into the front seat during emergency stops. It's my home away from home. I'm in the car 6-8 hours a day. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

No company car, just a mileage reimbursement and a gas card for commuting. I actually BOUGHT an HHR to use as my service vehicle. 8 way power drivers seat is great and the mileage is decent.The only thing I dislike is I have the wide low profile tires on the 17" wheels so winter driving in the snow pretty much sucks. Other than that it's a great service ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Yes. We have Chevy HHR's. I really hate the look of the car and the small rear window makes it hard to see everthing behind you, but it serves its purpose.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I have a Toyota Tacoma, white, with a solid [no windows] white cover. Not a bad look. Company logo on the sides. Have a credit card for gas, and accounts at places for maintenance. Blank checks for everything else. I drive a Honda Civic, 08, and my wife drives an 08 Honda Element. I used to work for a company that made front wheel drive auto parts for most brands. Based on what I know, I drive Hondas.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician
    We have Toyota Matrixes that are painted with bright red logos all over the car. The cars run very well and hold a huge amount of parts and are reasonably comfortable. The best part is not having to not worry about paying for fuel or repairs on the cars. The company purchased hundreds of these cars about a year and a half ago. My city won't let me park it in my neighborhood unless i put it in a garage. They said they thought it was an "Eyesore". Life goes on!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    blackcat4866 6-8 hours a day???? 1 or 2 service calls. do you drive 3hours to a call then go back home?

Gotta old PT cruiser, I complain about it but it gets me around n' the seats are comfy n' the stereo is good. Although the lack of cruise control gets me into trouble considering I average 210-250 miles/day, get to the end of the day n' the foot gets a little heavy. But not like I can get into too much trouble.. it is only a PT cruiser. :P

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Two hours to work, two hours home, two to four hours road time in the slow city traffic, typically 4 calls. I live in the car. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Do roller skates count as a company car?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bob scheffer View Post
    We have Toyota Matrixes that are painted with bright red logos all over the car. The cars run very well and hold a huge amount of parts and are reasonably comfortable. The best part is not having to not worry about paying for fuel or repairs on the cars. The company purchased hundreds of these cars about a year and a half ago. My city won't let me park it in my neighborhood unless i put it in a garage. They said they thought it was an "Eyesore". Life goes on!
    But yet they probably won't do anything about the graffti all over town right? LOL
    My company car is a Chevy Aveo. It's a little small but does the job. My personal car is a C320 Mercedes Benz. We got it after some lady ran a red light and smacked into (and thus) totaling our Escalade. Course, her Honda didn't look too well after that. I was wanting to get rid of the Escalade anyways, as all of our kids but 1 are gone off now. The only bad part.... the Escalade was ALMOST paid off. QQ
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.