Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    We have only been on the system a couple of months but I don't agree that you can make money on the system and not put in parts or do pm's. I believe the system will catch up with you if you just slam calls all day long. I do pm's and put in consumable parts when I think they are at the end of their life and every month I have made money on parts. The key is to carry the parts you need to fix it the first time. If you don't have to return with parts and you can keep your recall rate down,than your first call efficiency will double your bonus dollars pretty quickly.

BEI

That is what we thought but after a few months the machines were not getting the proper parts. Good Luck
    g

Chromographic Supremesist 100+ Posts nightshade's Avatar
    The whole purpose of this bonus is clicks between calls.

So, gealexander (and anyone else), if your guys are playing the system and not putting in the needed parts, they must be doing something right if they are not getting the crap recalled out of them. But, it will catch up. Their day will come when they start getting zero's in all their segments. Just wait for it. Then when review time comes around, the game players can get their little raises.

Remember a bonus is just that, a bonus. I mark my worth by my hourly wage, which is not to bad.

11X17, I'll dig up my numbers and we can talk. But you are correct in your last two posts on this, I agree fully.

What brand(s) do you work on? In OH.

galexander, you said that you are now a mamager?

Are you still on the BEI plan as a technician? With having to do all your managorial duties that keep you from working on machines, your bonus will SUCK!

I'm not a manager, not yet at least, but my manager's bonus is an average of all the tech's bonus's. He's happy when we do good. Kinda gives him an incentive to get on our arses to do a good job.b

Nightshade,
    I work on canons mostly. I'm seeing bonuses between 100 and 700 dollars. I'm interested to hear what you made. You mentioned the whole thing is based on clicks between calls and that is part of it. The other 2 parts are not using excessive parts and getting the copier you are standing in front of to run at least 1 day or 1 click past the national average so it is considered a good call and doesn't affect your first call eficiency. That is THE number that affects your dollar amount the most.

I have also figured out that the less you work during the month the better....if you're not working then you're not generating parts calls and recalls. Also, instead of doing 7 calls a day and generating recall and parts possibilities it is in your best interest to do 3.5 good calls and let your first call efficiency DOUBLE your bonus dollars for you. WORK SMART NOT HARD!!!

A wise man once told me.....A bonus is like a sore dick, you can't beat it!

11x17

11by

My bonuses all fall between 350-800 but mostly in the 5-600 range. I deal mostly with K/M Color and Sharp Color (70% of my time) the rest is on 50cpm and below sharp B&W and HP Color.

I do 4-10 calls a day and the more I do the recalls go up (just as you said). But when I am able to take my time the recalls are few.

Feed rollers get replaced every 100k on any model, every time. No ifs ands or buts about it. PM's are a toss up. I generally turn off the maintenance counters and know which machines I can push and which I can't (been doing this 11yrs).

I'll take a month in the summer and sacrifice my bonus to do some high dollar (parts) rebuilds on the larger and mid volume machines. This helps greatly throughout the rest of the year.

And last but not least, most, if not all of my customers have my cell # and they love it when I can talk them through a fix without creating a service call. Gotta suffer through a few phone calls on weekends, but thats not a problem.

Nightshade,
    Thanks for the repy and info. I have thought of sacrificing a month for high dollar parts and rebuilds like you do but am still not convinced it is worth it. Is your company taking away your bonus dollars if you don"t work a minimum amount or percentage of the month hours? We have to work 75% of the months hours which discludes vacation, training, sick time and holidays. Obviously they are on to the fact that if you are not working then you are going to make a good FCE.

I have also been at the grindstone for about 10 years and have learned what it takes to get the thing to run for about a month. What is your opinion on my philosophy of getting it to run 1 day or 1 click above the average? What is better.... that or having it run a year and not collect any clicks?

THanks
    11x17

No deductions for "face time" yet. My manager still spends some time in the field and knows that there are many aspects to our job that happen "away from the customer", research, robbing parts, phone calls to the mfgtr's, helping in setup etc..

Lately we are a little slow (schools out and weather is nice) so at times we have to find "busy" work.

I'd prefer my machines to run as long as possible between calls, makes the customer happier. And nothing helps get a good raise better then a good service history and a letter of appraisal from a customer!!!!!!!

Where I work, we have our own machines so "My customers" are just that, MINE. Only time any other tech goes to them is if I am on vacation, or too busy and need help.

Oh yeah.

The longer my machines go between calls. The more machines I am put in charge of.

The more machines I have in my territory, the more "clicks" I accumulate.

So, the BIGGER bonus's.

billyjay

Bonus

Our company has been on the the Bonus program for more than 3 years. I'm in an isolated area so I don't get many clicks. But I do manage to pick up about $300.00 extra bucks a month. I've seen some guys get nearly a thousand per month. Our managers are constantly making small adjustments to make it more fair for us all. We now have 17 techs. We have a meeting every month and everyone is shown what everyone else get. I'm not sure that is a good idea. But regardless, I don't think there is anybody who doesn't like the program. I also think that it is a good sign of a healthy company if they can pay out that kind of money each month.