Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts d7guitar's Avatar

Thumbs up BEI Program

We too have been using BEI (last three years). My techs average $200 -$500 (and upwards to $1000) monthly bonuses. I am comp'd based on their averages and it does incent me to make sure they have all the tools and education to do the best job possible. They see everyone elses numbers and there is a healthy competition between them to be better. They are also quick to weed out the bad techs. They also request tech assists or ride alongs from someone who is doing better than them in specific areas based on the numbers, huge benny for them. We also have added the FCE bonus adjustment. a Graduated scale which reduces or increases their bonus dependant on how bad or good, respectivly, their FCE number is. We had our own in place before BEI added theirs and run it slightly modified from what they offer. My techs love the breakdown of BW, CE, and color numbers. That tells them where they spent the most time and did the best at. We have seven techs and i preach to them about proper part replacement. It is a fine line between not enough and too much parts. Either one doesn't net a good result. My lead tech has the ability to call me on a scenario where there was a vagrant part violation from a previous tech and we charge the part that should have been installed to the previous tech. Wouldn't be able to do this without absolute trust though. From a mngmt point of view, I love it. My guys do too. I share as much as i can during every monthly service meeting and we have personal reviews of their numbers. It's actual feedback that they can sink their teeth into. Sharing info with them is Crucial to it's success otherwise we too would have the "no parts" scenario. Wouldn't want to be without it! We also created CEO club trip for them and their spouse for a weekend in Chi-town for hitting a specific FCE and parts dollar goal throughout the year. I use BEI and other "bennies" to their full potential to atract and keep good techs. BEI is a great vehicle for that.
    After all is said and done, More is said than done.

Question bei

Do any of you guys have a production goal? Our techs have to do 4.5 calls per day in order to qualify for a bonus.
    g

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts d7guitar's Avatar

Cool BEI Program

No calls per day minimum
    After all is said and done, More is said than done.

Chromographic Supremesist 100+ Posts nightshade's Avatar
    Nope. That would not work, since my manager is constantly sending me on "missions" that reduce the number of calls that I can do.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    What is a bonus and how does one receive it?????
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

we don't have a minimum calls per day but that is what management is controlling by having us "work" 75% of the hours in a month.

Good points Nightshade with having your machines run as long as possible because there are external benefits with customer satisfaction and yearly raises based on overall performance.

How many clicks is everyone getting in a month? I have been getting just over 1.2m CE clicks and about 1m clicks between bw and high vol bw.

I can see a definite benefit with having your own customers and managing them.

Are some companies on this program not using the FCE bonus? I am just wondering because I could see our company doing away with that or tweaking it like they have already done.

We are using the FCE multiplier. Under 50% it lowers our bonus, 50-60% bonus is normal, 60%+ raises out bonus. The multiplier is +/- 10%.

And yes, parts do effect the individual areas (CE,HV,B/W etc) before the FCE multiplier.

If 1 area goes negative, they turn it to a zero so as not to adversly effect the other areas.

I'll dig for one of my print outs for the exact numbers but my van is a vertual PIG PEN, and finding anything is very herd to do.

WOW!! Our FCE is definitely better. I think 40%FCE is 100% and it graduates up from there with 80% being 250% There is no negative take away. If you are at 20% FCE then you just get your dollar amount. If you are less than 0% for 3 straight months than you are put on probation and probably shown the door shortly after. I was wondering if the FCE % was a number that they could tweak and it sounds like they can with what they are paying you. It is only a matter of time before they decide that 250% is too much.

Does anyone know where this extra money is coming from to pay us our bonuses? I thought they might stop giving us raises but so far there is no talk of that. I find it hard to believe that corporate is just starting to pay us more.

11x17

procrastinators meeting is tomorrow!!

Yes they can tweak it. Ours used to be 40% for whole 50% for +10%, 60% for +25% and 70% for +50%

It got too good and they turned it down.

I guess I'll make hay while the sun shines. I can see our company tweaking it so it is tougher to make a buck.

Nightshade-I'm interested to see your numbers. I have been doing about 1m ce and 1.5mbw per month with an average af 350$. My FCE has been above 65% for the 3 months we have been on the program. I understand when you say you have the paperwork but have no idea where it is in the van!!

11x17