Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Ok.You have my attention guys.I have been looking into getting into this program and now i am wondering if i should even bother.They have more than just the "numbers" part of it and i really would like some input as to if it is worth putting any time into.OMD sucks and i am trying to switch but in the mean time i can see there is good and bad in this system.But over all,is it worth the time and trouble to get into?
    And yes, i am the service manager, but i do work on high volume and color too.

As a tech I like it. It has made me troubleshoot more and fix it right the first time. It has definitely decreased our unnecessary parts usage as a company because we get dinged or benefit from parts usage. i have heard from the managers that it is kinda time consuming with all the reports but I believe it is because our company keeps tweaking it and won't leave it alone.

Good luck

Sharp Mind Pointy Hat
    I am on this system as well In theory it works well however as others have said it is constantly tinkered with and tweaked also they have raised the level at which we get our bonus dollars increased the major problem I have is that there is no way to remove the stupid customer from the system do a big pm and do it well only to have the machine called in the next day from customer damage breaking things or loading paper wrong etc this can ruin a great month in no time

Technician
    I agree. Starts witha smiley face ,ends with disgust.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by throttlejockey View Post
    I agree. Starts witha smiley face ,ends with disgust.
    We have been on this program for a few months now, and I asked the question of the fellow presenting the program to all of us one morning, "How do you fix stupid" and guess what, he had no answer.
    We have all had it happen, do a big PM, someone gets white out on the scan glass, gets a post it note stuck in the Doc Feeder, ect...little stuff, but it kills your numbers.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Granted you can't stop all the stupid things that happen, but for the most part it isn't all that often if you train the customer. That is part of field service. Training the customer, opening communication with the key operator so when you need to approach them about a problem (like someone feeding post-its) you can do so without causing bad feelings. We work with BEI but do not use the bonus program. We look at the machines and the calls and parts. I have looked over the BEI bonus and have seen some things I know aren't right. Techs that need constant help or has lots of part returns hitting big numbers. I have seen these people work and I know when a tech is worth his money and when they are just keeping response times down. BEI seems to give big bonus' that aren't with the techs they should be. It isn't all wrong but I know some techs weren't getting the money they deserved for the job they did. Like it was said earlier, you can't compensate work done on the IT end either. We have our own program based on clicks between calls. It is tiered so the more clicks between visits the higher the value. We take out the parts usage on a percentage basis. If you use a high amount of parts wthout the results it will hit your bonus hard. But if your machines hit their between call point and your percentage of machines that make the bonus is high the parts usage is a much smaller deduction. Plus working close with the techs I am able to remove calls occaissionally due to a part that was bad out of the box or a call where the customer wasn't there.