Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

BEI Bonus program

I was just wondering if anyone has worked at a placed where they have implemented a bonus program based on clicks between calls, first call efficiency and parts usage? My company uses the BEI program which is administered by an after market parts company. My experience so far has been positive and it seems to make the tech do a good complete call and keep an eye on excessive parts usage. Please respond with your experiences and thoughts on the subject.

BPGTECK

BEI

Used This. The Only Problem Is The High Volume Techs
    Made Alot More Money. Low End An Mid Range Guys
    Had It Harder . Created Some Resentment Programe
    Was Eventually Canned

Thanks for the input. I am seeig the same thing with low to mid volume guys not making as much as high end or color enabled guys. Luckily I am on the high and color enabled side and seem to be making a killing. How long were you in the program before they shit-canned it?

BPGTECK

bei

maybe a year. alot of things led to the demise of this program. including
    alot of issues with the payout. i was am an supperviser and would here
    all the bitching about this program . wish someone could come up with
    something more fair. also these days how do you compensate someone
    who does a lot of connectivity calls. these guys are important but may
    not get the clicks

johnshinault
    We are using it now and nobody likes it. They are tweaking it now and say that more will be getting bonuses. It is better than nothing, but is really slanted toward Seg. 6 and Color machines. I always thought that a manager riding with his techs and seeing how they are doing their job and giving raises accordingly would be fairer than some numbers crunching program. But maybe asking for too much work.

I definitely feel that it is slanted toward the segment 6 and color machines but shouldn't they be compensated more than a guy that works on faxes and desktop printers all day? I long for the days where there is no pressure of a down fax or small copier. I do feel that there needs to be some compensation for the network guys because that is where the field is heading and if you are taking care of those kind of calls then you are definitely a valued employee.

Chromographic Supremesist 100+ Posts nightshade's Avatar
    We have been using it for about 2 years now, and I have never had bonuses this large. I work mainly on Color and Low volume. The program works well for getting the techs to do the job "right" the first time.

Unhappy BEI

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    We have been using it for about 2 years now, and I have never had bonuses this large. I work mainly on Color and Low volume. The program works well for getting the techs to do the job "right" the first time.
    How about the guys that do not put in any parts and get big money. That part of the program stinks. The good guys have to go and do the work that should have been done and do not get the money.

Nightshade,

It sounds like you work on about the same stuff I do as far as color and b/w. Just wondering what kind of bonuses you are seeing and also how many color and b/w clicks you get in a month. Do you usually make money on parts? So far I have been pretty happy with the system$$$.

11x17

BEI

I am a manager now and my bonus stinks. When I was on the system I also did pretty good. The guys that work on big machines make the best money. I work on Ricoh 55 cpm and higher but no color. Do you have techs not putting in parts and the machines going way past the pm cycle?