Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    If you really want to freak your customers out - crouch down behind a machine, mostly out of sight, and do your best Curly imitation.

Watch what happens when they hear "La...la de de da...la..de...la dee dee..." coming from behind the copier, with parts appearing on top, one by one.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I was on course with a guy who had a service call to do at a bank that was out of town. Their was a big snow storm but they were screaming to get the copier fixed so he went out and ended up in a major accident, dam near was killed. Busted up his legs pretty bad. They called demanding to know were the tech was. When they were told what happened all they asked was when was another guy comming out.

People are pricks.
    For what it's worth, our IT guy was in the middle of an install this winter in an office with no windows, so nobody realized a major storm had moved into the area. I called him and asked whether he had looked outside, because I knew he lived about 35 miles away. The customer realized he had to leave and didn't give him any grief about it. On the way home an SUV spun out in front of him and he ended up in a head on collision and was pretty seriously banged up. He was pretty much out of commision for about a week. We let the customer know what had happened and as far as I know they never called to pressure us about the job. Not all are heartless.