Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Are all lawyers stupid?

Are all lawyers stupid?

This is just to vent a bit.

So just before christmas we demo'ed a Sharp MXB401 to a lawyer. Today i get a call for toner and they have run the machine right out ignoring the little indicator that it was low. Then the lady said that this is not their machine and refuse to put the toner in them selves and we have to come down and do it.

I take them their toner, slam it in quick and im gone. After comming back to the office i ask the salesman if they had bought this machine yet. He said no and they have been complaining about how many times they have to clean the glass to get rid of lines and are saying it's the machine at fault that the glass is getting dirty. They even had a sheet so they could write the date and time they had to clean the glass.

Soooo to make them belive the copier is not at fault the salesman is going to place another copier for a week and let them try it to prove it's not the copier. And then apparently they will sign the papers....

Does all this seem just totally fucking stupid to you guys? I still can't belive they have not bought this god dam copier.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Are all lawyers stupid?

Not your fault, but a demo should never be for more than a few days-to a week. Are they paying for any of the thousands of prints & copies they have made?? I'm betting they'll try to squirm out of it. It sounds as though this customer will be a whiner, right up to the end. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Are all lawyers stupid?

13k on this machine so far. No idea whats happening with those.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Are all lawyers stupid?

Couple years ago we got call from a lawyer. He was complaining that water pouring from copier, and we were responsible for that.????
    My friend was there and tried to explain that machine had no water system... but unsuccessfully.
    They left opened window during the night, and it was rainy night. But we couldn't persuade him that was rain from outside. He was convinced it
    was something broken inside the machine???

We took that copier in service, cleaned and replaced developer, and everything was ok.
    We told him that we had replaced water pump, and he was satisfied smart ass.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar
    Thank god I like my lawyer.
    Generally speaking many lawyers have a case of selective hearing , they only hear what they want.
    PS the salesmans an idiot for putting another unit in to 'Prove" its not the machines fault. He has basically catered to there worst side and rewarded them for stupidity. Sounds like a "forever" problem customer.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    In the case I would say the lawyer is smart. They have received at least 4 months of free copier usage.
    I think it would be time to talk to a salesmanager, unless he is just as bad.

Rob S

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Are all lawyers stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sandberg View Post
    In the case I would say the lawyer is smart. They have received at least 4 months of free copier usage.
    I think it would be time to talk to a salesmanager, unless he is just as bad.

Rob S
    I've heard of customers going through 5-6 different manufactures with demos lasting throughout the year. The dealerships are bending over backwards (or is it forwards) to get a sale.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I've heard of customers going through 5-6 different manufactures with demos lasting throughout the year. The dealerships are bending over backwards (or is it forwards) to get a sale.
    That way they get free prints as long as they never sign a contract.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojans View Post
    Couple years ago we got call from a lawyer. He was complaining that water pouring from copier, and we were responsible for that.????
    My friend was there and tried to explain that machine had no water system... but unsuccessfully.
    They left opened window during the night, and it was rainy night. But we couldn't persuade him that was rain from outside. He was convinced it
    was something broken inside the machine???

We took that copier in service, cleaned and replaced developer, and everything was ok.
    We told him that we had replaced water pump, and he was satisfied smart ass.
    Ah, one of those new-fangled water cooled models, no doubt...
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Are all lawyers stupid?

To answer your question, "Are all lawyers stupid?": Yes they are.