Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drug Test

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Sorry, I just noticed that the link in my previous post about "Stoner" products didn't directly relate to the fact that they also make quite a few copier cleaning products, including canned air.

I know that we used to buy their products all the time, (I think we still do), and there were constant good-natured cracks about the brand name.

It was always good for a chuckle.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Drug Test

When your boss tells you to take the test, piss on his leg. He can squeeze it out of his pants into a cup if he wants it done that badly

I think thats a invasion of your privacy. What you do on your own time is your own business. Doing it on company time is another story however.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I think a lot of people do not understand that it can get people who have never seen pot before. My mother in law got hurt on the weekend, and had to spend hours in an Urgent Care just to get a script for the same pain pills her husband already had, just in case she got tested at work. Also, when you test and have to list all the things that you take, that is an invasion of privacy. Do not think for a minute that the bosses in some companies don't find out what is on your record. Some are foolish enough to believe that as long as they are not doing illegal drugs they are fine. The truth is that some of those meds you listed will alert your prospective new employer that you may have a medical problem that they do not want to add to the insurance plan. Cost might go up. And do not forget all those plants that tested for years and then moved the plant to a third world country where testing is never done. I read a story that said a lot of labs are owned by ex politicians who then lobby their friends in office for more drug testing.

What about you guys overseas, do they test as much?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    My boss mentioned having a piss test at a meeting once, and I said rather loudly; " I ain't donating my kidney to nobody !". The boss said, "No Kevin, it's a drug test." I said " Why don't you just ask us ? I smoke marijuana, but never at work. No other drugs." He dropped the whole matter.
    Kevin900

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    I grew up during the '70s, where there was almost no escaping it. If you went to any rock concert, as I frequently did, you became a user if you wanted to or not. The only way you weren't exposed to it would be to live in a cave.

Times have changed, to say the least.

I think the perception, right or wrong, is that pot is the on ramp to stronger stuff. So that if you do indulge, even rarely, is that you're more likely to graduate to the hard stuff.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I agree with the mandatory drug testing if you are getting ANY kind of gov't assistance. If you are on drugs you don't get it PERIOD. /rant
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

OMD-227
    No such test here.
    Never heard of it or seen it done. I'm completely surprised that this even happens to the extent that you guys are talking about up north. I'm really shocked.

The closest we have is the police doing random breath tests & drug swab tests for drivers, but nothing at work.

IMHO, you're mad to be doing drugs in the first place. Coffee and a deep understanding love between me and the copier is my addiction......

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    No such test here.
    Never heard of it or seen it done. I'm completely surprised that this even happens to the extent that you guys are talking about up north. I'm really shocked.

The closest we have is the police doing random breath tests & drug swab tests for drivers, but nothing at work.

IMHO, you're mad to be doing drugs in the first place. Coffee and a deep understanding love between me and the copier is my addiction......

It is kind of ironic. It seems you have to piss to get almost any job here, and yet as I drive down the road I listen to adds on the radio for bongs from the head shop. Have at least 6 paraphernalia shops in this small city , some have been here for 40 years. My wife just got a new job, she had to pass a piss test to get it. That was last week. Now she has to go and give a hair sample to be analyzed, because that can go back 6 months. What kind of ultra sensitive job does she have that requires such extensive testing be done. Airline pilot? Oil Tanker Captain? Brain Surgeon? Computer programmer? nope... she puts the chips and candy in vending machines!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    It is kind of ironic. It seems you have to piss to get almost any job here, and yet as I drive down the road I listen to adds on the radio for bongs from the head shop. Have at least 6 paraphernalia shops in this small city , some have been here for 40 years. My wife just got a new job, she had to pass a piss test to get it. That was last week. Now she has to go and give a hair sample to be analyzed, because that can go back 6 months. What kind of ultra sensitive job does she have that requires such extensive testing be done. Airline pilot? Oil Tanker Captain? Brain Surgeon? Computer programmer? nope... she puts the chips and candy in vending machines!

Of course!!!!!!!!! She might get the munchies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ducttape n Glue View Post
    Of course!!!!!!!!! She might get the munchies!!!!
    LOL. That sounds redicilous ,i cant believe that they would be so parenoid over there. Here in our country you dont even have to take tests like that if you want to join the police force or the army.