Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar
    I to am in Tech Support, as well as bench repair. Thank goodness I'm not out in the field any more. I do miss the ' stupids ' though.

I had a call yesterday on a FS-2020D " CMOS battery dead!" HUH ? It turned out to be one one of those cases where NO-ONE touched the printer, it did that automatic ' turn on/off DHCP ' thing. When I had him correct that setting it mysteriously started working. I love the comments at this point ! " OH NEVER MIND.....IT IS WORKING NOW ! "

One today " 6000 error code, unable to get drum to release " Oh I can't wait to call them.

We have dealt with some resturants, and it is funny to see that SHIPPING has labels " ADULT ONLY SIGNATURE ".

My oh my, it's a good thing we like dealing with some of these stupids.

Now back to work.

YA'LL HAVE A GREAT DAY and remember " Never drive faster than your Guardian Angle can fly !

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    Hey ! I can hang my toothbrush on a nail on the wall now !
    Kevin900

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar
    Re: One today " 6000 error code, unable to get drum to release " Oh, I can't wait to call them.

Ten minute phone call on this one. Five minutes on hold; five minutes trying to convince the guy to actually press the green button labeled " GO "
    ( Some how the mystery Kyo gremlin changed the 6000 to ......." CLEAN PRINTER PRESS GO " )

WOW ! The printer worked fine after that. If this guy has another problem, he will probably try pressing the pretty green button to fix his printer.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    So they said that the printer they got from me did not print anymore, they click and nothing happens. I take printer to shop, print through the network and through the USB. I take it back and tell them everything works, it is something on their end. They have their own IT crew. So three weeks later {yesterday}, I get a call from one of these guys saying it still does not work. I explain how their is nothing wrong with it. He calls back 30 minutes later, " I noticed the IP address is different now". I replied "That is how I put it on my network to test it, by changing the address. You mean to tell me the printer has not printed in weeks and nobody in the IT section thought to check the IP address? ""No sir" he said. And I know they get paid more than I do.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    consumer stupidity has "REACH"ed a "HOLE" new low

Along the same lines:
    One of my larger HP printer customers is a school district. Whenever there is an issue when they want to stop the prints at the queue, the IT tech just changes from static to DHCP on the printer's web interface. The IP address still shows the same IP (the printer has not been powered Off/On so it does not request a new IP), but jobs are no longer sent to the printer. It took a little fumbling to find it, but now I can put them back online with a click of "Static" on the web interface.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    anyone seen that new ad by Reach, featuring the "Total Care" tooth brush with the "hole" in the handle?

"The unique REACH® Touchpoint – or ‘the hole’ – provides a pivot point for rotational movement and control, whilst still allowing for a variety of orientations for a better clean."
    Fuckin excuse me????? All these years I have been out of control of my toothbrush because I didn't have a damn hole in the handle? Lord Thunderin Jeezuz Boyz, I bin don it wrong fer years aye!

Just how fucking stupid does the company think us consumers are?

And of course, while looking up a link to show this miraculous contraption with the hole that will revolutionize tooth brushes as we know em, I find this....

Mums Say Reach

And judging from the responses on that page by some consumers, the company doesn't think this, they KNOW THIS, and present us with a gimmick to gain those stupid enough to "buy" the hole claim as a better control of the brush kind of thing.

No wonder I want to disassociate myself from the masses out there.

I was packing the dishwasher in the kitchen last night, when I heard a commercial running on the TV about a 'new' toothbrush. Looked up and over towards the TV and wouldn't ya know it....... there it was.....The new Reach Total Care toothbrush with a hole in the middle of the handle! Couldn't believe it! First thing I thought of was this you guys and this post!
    Previously I had never heard of something so stupid, and thought surely that ridiculous invention wouldn't be tested on the Australian public..... then all of a sudden... there it was... in all its mighty glory..... A toothbrush with a hole it in. Damn!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    And I am willing to bet you were floored by the little known fact that you had no control over your existing tooth brush huh?

This one ranks right up there with all those Ronco products. What the hell did we do before these inventions came along?
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

OMD-227
    I did think of you guys, then went back to packing the dishwasher....... After the commercial was over, I did have a small chuckle to myself, to which my Canadian wife asked me what was up.... only to find out that this toothbrush had been available there for ages.

We're abit behind down here, with all this unreal technology of new toothbrushes.

Its not like I'm going to rush out and buy the damn thing, but the idea of better control is appealing................

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    OK, but where are you guys at in shaving technology. I think we have razors now that have 10 or 15 blades for that extra, extra, extra smooth shave.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    OK, but where are you guys at in shaving technology. I think we have razors now that have 10 or 15 blades for that extra, extra, extra smooth shave.
    I think razors with headlights should be next.