Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    consumer stupidity has "REACH"ed a "HOLE" new low

Everytime I see a thread talking about consumer inteligence - or lack thereof - I feel the urge to share this magnificent site - Not Always Right | Funny & Stupid Customer Quotes - hours and hours of reading fun!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Us Aussies dont bother with all that fancy razor stuff...... we shave like Mick Dundee...... with a massive hunting knife!
    Yea, we believe you, it'll be OK Wazza.

Copy/Print/Network Tech 100+ Posts Kmdurrin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducttape n Glue View Post
    My favorite " Lets see if the consumer is awake" marketing claims was from a California spring / vitamin water company that claimed their water was better for you because their water molecules were smaller than the competitions and could be absorbed by the body better!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not know there were different size H2O's!!! Who the F knew!!!!
    My wife fell for that one. The salesman said the water was "bombarded by ions to break up the water molecules so the body could absorb them faster". He also claimed it would help you lose weight, cure bad skin, help you sleep, and improve your mood. I'm now the proud owner of 4 VERY expensive cases of tap water.

Sigh...
    Parts: Its what your copier craves!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    in the spirit of consumer stupidity...the following link is a compilation of warning messages on various products....

Things People Said: Warning Labels

And the scary thing about all those, is someone, some place, had to have done those things for the company to be forced to even make mention...."For external use only - curling iron" or my favourite...

"Warning: Do not climb inside this bag and zip it up. Doing so will cause injury and death." -- A label inside a protective bag (for fragile objects), which measures 15cm by 15cm by 12cm.

I am trying to figure out how someone could climb into a bag that small, and even better, zip it up from inside.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

mjarbar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    I think razors with headlights should be next.
    What about an AM/FM radio - they seem to put them in practically everything else these days.

"Warning - May contain nuts" on a bag of airline peanuts...