Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts neergish's Avatar
    A little bit to the left of the centre of the known universe.
    I got our in shop computer tech by each day adjusting the colour of his default blue windows desktop slightly paler when he was out for lunch. This went on for 2 weeks or so, I had to come clean when after he tried the 4th new video card he was about to do a complete reload of windows, yep he couldn't take a joke at all hehe.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Can techs take a joke?

Create a new shortcut on the desktop to shutdown the computer. Change the icon and the name to Internet Explorer. Delete actual IE shortcut and ur done.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Can techs take a joke?

One of the repair companies I worked at was 2 suites down from a gay gym. The field techs would put love notes in the door handle of the parts guy's car. It had him so freaked out he parked in back. It was so funny to them they began to tape ads from the gay yellow pages on his monitor (yes, in Atlanta, they have one). Needless to say, he did not take it well.

The jokes I've done were on in shop techs and the boss.
    Foamy cleaner sprayed in chair
    box taped their mouse and tools to the desk
    wire tied their chair to the desk
    put tape over the lens opening of a laser scanner
    put packing peanuts in the fan of a printer (as soon as they put it on, they get a shower of tiny foam pieces, plus it scares the crap out of them when they're not expecting it)
    super soaker fights in the warehouse
    hiding their chair in the ladies room (tech wandered around the entire building looking for his chair for over an hour, while the rest of us laughed)
    Removing the battery from drills
    putting chairs real low so they're sitting on the floor
    & my personal favorite:

At one company an in-shop tech shared a PC with me as our benches were side-by-side. He had a picture of his Honda Shadow, the one with the orange tank and the flames on it, as the desktop picture. While he was gone to lunch, I took the photo, put it in MS Paint and painted the tank pink, added pink streamers out of the handle bars, & flowers on other key areas. I saved the photo again and made it the desktop photo. Other techs saw it before he did. When he finally saw it, he nearly flipped out. I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe.

When you're a girl like me working with a bunch of guys, you got to be able to take a joke and dish one out.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar
    When I was working for a 'Office ??? ' as the Electronics Supervisor, we would get the newbie's by re-arranging the products on the shelves. We would of course SPREAD the items out so they did not all fit. We would then send them down the mall to X store to see Jim Bob and ask for the " SHELF STRETCHER " that he borrowed from us last week: Jim Bob would send him to another store to see Mary Ellen...etc.
    By the time they got back, ' without the shelf stretcher ' we would have straightened out all thew displays and shelves, and then tell them " Never Mind ". It was one guy's FOURTH trip before he figured it out.

We used to put clear tape on the power cord prongs on the tech's swing arm lamp, take it off when he left to get a new bulb, and have the lamp back on when they returned.

AH!! THE GOOD OLD DAYS.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    There were always jokes going on at the last office that I worked at, but the big thing was the scare! We tried to scare the crap out of each other. And we did!

One time fairly new tech was coming into the office. We got prepared. We had one guy who was fairly short and would fit any where. We cleaned out the cabinet where we kept scrap paper. The small guy got in the cabinet. When the new tech got back I acted like I was working on a machine. I asked him to get me some scrap paper out of the scrap cabinet(the one with the tech hiding in it). He opened the door and reached in with out looking. The guy hiding in there screamed and grabbed his hand. I have never seen anyone start shaking because they were scared. But he did!

We messed up because the guy that we scared became the best for scaring people. he paid us back 10 times over. After about 8 years we figured out how to know when you scared some one the best. There are 3 stages. one the initial scare, two the getting pissed, and then three the laughing about it. If you can find those three items in a scare you know you got them good

I've had lots of fun with the Service Manager's screensaver. The possibilities are endless.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar
    in the past, we've flipped the tech's screen to make it appear upside-down, then we would mess with the mouse settings and make the right-click over to the left-click and so forth... it's fun to see them try to figure out how to use the mouse and get the screen back to right-side up...

Notatechie - "I am trying, but I don't know how to go into Service Mode. If I just go in and press *then 2, than 8, then * it does not do anything."
    SCREWTAPE - "Try harder.."

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    I had a great practical joke played on me. My friend Chad took out an ad in Craig's List, advertising a 7am yard sale, at my address. It even listed desirable items like antiques, and civil war memorabilia. The ad even said "Early Birds Welcome". At 9am I was making a "Death in the Family" poster, so I could get a little peace and quiet.
    Last edited by KEVIN900; 06-29-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: missspellin
    Kevin900

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar
    A cable running from the positive connection of the headlight to the positive connector of the horn. When the lights com on the horn blows. Had a tech scratching his head for a while until he figured out that the horn stopped when the lights went out.
    We had an old copier Canon NP7000 with very pricey drums. The tech was doing a PM in shop and went to lunch. He left a nice note to be careful of the drum he had placed on the shelf. We took an old drum and hit it with a hammer a few times replaced it with his and piled junk on top. He flipped out!!!
    I worked in the parts room for a while. A tech would call and ask me to hand a part to the delivery guy to bring right over (VIP customer). I gave the delivery guy an empty box. I told him to deliver that first and then wait 5 min or so and then bring him the part. The customer was watching when the tech opened the empty box.
    I switched the receivers on the loaner fax machines. It wouldn't hang up. The tech actually had to do a service call and fix the Fax already there.
    I once changed the guys office key off of his key ring with a key that looked about the same.
    When a tech sets his tool case down, unlatch it and watch his tools spill onto the floor when he picks it up.
    Add an entry in the auto-correct section of someones word processor. Have it replace their name with any number of colorful descriptions.
    Anyone remember silicon oil..Pour it all over someones tools. What a mess.