Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Can techs take a joke?

Our old vans had luggage racks, it was not uncommon to find a can of pop, water bottle, or aluminum heat roller tossed up there only to rattle around as you cruised through town. A proper sized and placed pressure roller will nearly prevent a car from backing out of a parking spot. Then there was putting gravel into the hub cabs of our vans.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mervyn View Post
    Had a salesman once who none of us liked . One day we changed the copier language to Japanese , his face was a picture . He treated us better after that .
    I did that once to the machine in our copier service. The lady that ran it made copies for 3 or 4 customers and never did notice. No fun.

USMC 50+ Posts
    Can techs take a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    One of the new chums was very excited about buying his first new car, a little Korean shoebox. While he wasn’t looking we cut a large wind-up key out of cardboard and taped it to the roof. We all thought it was a great laugh but the kid couldn’t see the point of the joke. It turned out that he was so young he didn’t have an idea what a clockwork toy was.
    It's a bugger getting old....I guess the joke was on you (old man).

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Left a message with my boss to call a "Mr C Lyon" in re customer issue. Phone # was local zoo.."can I speak with mr sea lion?" Had tears streaming and ribs were sore for a few hours after that. Ed

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Left a message with my boss to call a "Mr C Lyon" in re customer issue. Phone # was local zoo.."can I speak with mr sea lion?" Had tears streaming and ribs were sore for a few hours after that. Ed
    exelent one we did something similar with mrs G RAFF
    cheers

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

this isn't a work joke, but over here the surname " Behan" was very common in the 80's, quite often we used to phone up our local pub, and ask the barmaid if Les Behan was there , worked time after time, when the bar maid would shout out.."is there a Les Behan in here tonight".......
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts +ve charge's Avatar

Wasn't funny! I was working on an analog copier when my boss and his 6 year old son came in. As was the norm the little boy used to hang around the workshop with loads of questions whilst the boss used to go about his business. That day little johnny (as I referred to him) was particularly interested in the retractable head screwdriver I was using, when he asked me what it was I asked him to guess.... Needless to say that the bright spark only had the answer when the boss walked in to take him away... "I know" he said "you only put it out when you want to screw" WTF!!! was my thought that day.