Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Can techs take a joke?

I was walking past the work area of one of our computer guys and noticed a magazine for high school cheerleaders. I looked at the cover and saw his name and the company address on it. I laughed and he said that one of the other computer techs subscribed him to it, but he still does not know who. I thought it was funny, do others play piratical jokes on each other?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Can techs take a joke?

Yeah, we were playing so many practical jokes, the owner told us we had to quit. My favorites are switching key caps on the keyboard for the parts guy (he kept trying over and over to input the part number); having a newbe test a machine after loading skyshots every 5 pages in the drawer (the puzzled look was too funny), and the one that got us busted was loading waste toner in the tech's gym shoes before he went to his workout (he didn't know the toner was there until he switched back to his work clothes).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Can techs take a joke?

We had two tech that traded practical jokes on a daily basis. The more memorable ones were

1) greased door handles
    2) hole punch chads in the defroster vents
    3) radio set to full blast
    4) windows cranked down during a rainstorm
    5) partially flattened tires

Some practical jokes that I was involved with were:

1) filling an S10 pickup with packing peanuts, to the dome light
    2) disconnect handset cord under phone
    3) fill desk drawers with hole punch chads (it takes a lot)
    4) superglueing an glass ashtray to an office desk

The absolute worst though, was the tuna sandwich under another techs driver seat (in August). Sometime around day 4 the aroma becomes overwhelming. It never went away completely either.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    having a newbe test a machine after loading skyshots every 5 pages in the drawer .
    hehe....that one is a good one.....

When I was in the army as a RadOp, a prank for newbies was to send them to the QM supplies for a box of frequencies. I almost fell for that one....I got to the building before it dawned that the guys were setting me up. Not everyone figured that one out before getting an earful from the QMS staff....heh
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

One of our techs back from training said the instructor told them he took a bunch of business cards from this manager he did not like, and passed them out at a gay bar, telling guys to call him, they would do lunch.

When we would hire new girls to answer the phone, I would get people to call I and report that one of their soldiers was trying to copy their ass and the glass broke and now their testicles and caught in the cables, how soon can he get here.

At the steel plant I worked in, I used to swap out peoples uniforms when they came in from the service company. The fat guy gets the small shirt, the tall guy gets the long pants. I had to stop, the uniform man almost got into a couple of fights.

Another fave of mine is to tie a rubber glove around the drive shaft of the car.
    And lets not forget super gluing a quarter to the floor to watch people pick it up.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    Quite a few years ago i turned up for work to find an envelope with my name on it and "freedom to express your homosexuality" and company address on it. inside was lots of gay litrature. I went bananas the sales guys just pissed themselves laughing as they just typed up an envelope with my name on it and left it on my desk.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Use different colored skyshots and put them in a b/w machine...

I did that one and it took 2 hours for the newbie to comprehend b/w machines cannot produce "color" copies.....
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Use different colored skyshots and put them in a b/w machine...

I did that one and it took 2 hours for the newbie to comprehend b/w machines cannot produce "color" copies.....

Wow, bet I use that one soon. And the sad thing is, the newbie I will bust with it has been with us 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    2) hole punch chads in the defroster vents

Reminds me of a place I once worked at. They put anchovies in a guys defroster vents in the summer. Talk about stink............

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I know a tech that had the door handles (late 70's chevy with the real stick out door handles) coated with vaseline.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!