Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    If he had booted his laptop and read the manual he would have fixed it in 15 minutes!
    Don't get me started on all the guys who refuse to use the company provided laptops to read a manual! These are the same lazy bastards who will take the time to call me to ask something I would have to RTFM to find out! I figure about half of the local 'team' is scared of a computer.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Been there had them
    and i am still doing this while they are working at McDonalsd asking about supersizing and screwing that up
    Be a technicain and help out those that truly need help
    i had a tech in Michigan
    i was in Connecticut well after 4 phone calls and sending him self extracting zip file ( that put all the files in the proper folder) i had to fly out to Michigan and unzip the file i sent him and fix the machine by oading system software
    well to make a long story short I punched him in the mouth and told my boss I quit
    well after getting back to CT i was greeted by our VP of service who took me out to dinner and i got a raise for doing my job
    he finally got fired as he cost the company 2800 dollars for me flying out there
    so take them with a grain of salt don't let them get to you they will screw themselves
    it just takes time ( and a good right hand works wonders but i wouldn;t advise that)

and always smile as they are broken when they call us and the worse they can be is still broken
    '
    as i once replied to a VP when he asked what was wrong with the machine i said "BROKEN" he said well waht are you going to do about it
    I replied "FIX IT ????"
    whgen i got aclled into the office for my tone and sarcasm i asked him what he was going to do about not being profitable
    well i got written up
    he got fired

they are all assholes

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Don't get me started on all the guys who refuse to use the company provided laptops to read a manual! These are the same lazy bastards who will take the time to call me to ask something I would have to RTFM to find out! I figure about half of the local 'team' is scared of a computer.
    I told our "team" for 5 years "learn to use the tools (Laptops) to ensure you keep your job"................... The ones who didn't were the first to go when times got tough!

It's amazing that if you "Miss the call" and phone them 20 mins later that 90% of the time they've fixed the thing anyway!!