Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Salesmen lead the most interesting lives.

Mike is the salesman who looks stone faced, old and grumpy, or just boring. I got back to the shop and saw him and the owner trying to operate a folder- inserter and I went over to help. The boss said something about who was going to deliver it. Mike said he could not be there in the morning. He looked at me and said he was working another job. Just to make small talk I ask what he was doing. He then told me he was driving an explosives truck. He said his son trains dogs on base to sniff explosives and he got him a job driving the truck because he had a hazmat license. Wow, I said, well I guess nobody will mess with you in that job, to which he replied "I almost got hijacked last week, now I have to get a concealed carry permit, [ for a handgun, for all you folks that live elsewhere.] It seems that the Hells Angels and Outlaws are going to war again, and they want the big stuff. It sure is hard to picture that mild mannered salesman hanging out the window of his explosives truck, popping off slugs into some hard core bikers, and then showing up to demo the new fax.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Good story! There was one salesman that had a 45 cal, and a license to conceal. It didn't seem to improve his closure rate though... =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    "Flashes gun...." " Ya sure you are not ready to buy? " LOL
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I used tp carry a 9mm with me - had some really rough territory. And I know of another tech who had a full size Winchester .30-.30 in his car. He said, "You never know when you'll run across Muhammed the terrorist..."
    73 DE W5SSJ

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Sheesh...wish I lived south of the border. I wanted to take out a couple magpies in my hood a while back with an air pistol and a neighbor saw that and panicked and called the cops. 3 hours later, after getting grilled by the cops, along with on your knees, hands behind etc....they left.

Stupid people up here panic over stuff like that, like I am going to go on a killing spree or some shit. There are days I'll admit, but I can resist the voices....so long as they are not the voices of magpies. Hekyl and Jekyl are on my hit list.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    " ... And I know of another tech who had a full size Winchester .30-.30 in his car. ... "
    That just made me spit some water out LOL!!!!!!!
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar
    LOL! I knew of a few techs who carried (and some who still do) in their car. Luckily because I live in the wild wild west known as Arizona, I can also carry concealed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

ok, i must admit, that i am sometimes really have the wish to own a SPAS-12 loaded with BB cartriges, to annihilate some customers like in a splatter movie

maybe its good, that here in germany the property of shotguns is prohibited
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Since this turned into a thread about guns, I just had the heat pump replaced on my home. I put the old one up for sale on Craigs list and a guy just showed up and bought it. As we are talking about sorry customers, he relayed this tale , After helping a man with an ac system , mainly because the guy had kids, the man would not pay him and called him a crook. He went to the mans house and took out his handgun and pumped 5 slugs into the unit. He was then arrested and went to court where he was made to replace the unit. He said the man sat in court and laughed at him. After that the man called his brother who he said was very mean and nasty. He paid his brother $500 to beat the mans ass good, and said he got his moneys worth. He told his brother to tell him to think twice before he fucks over another AC man. I sure hope my old used AC works when he hooks it up!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking