Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

How many work miles / km have you driven in one day?

My personal best is 515: from home (Cleveland, OH area), to a call in Meadville, PA, to home, to a hotel in Cincinnati, OH for a seminar the next day.

Glad it was Summer!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Mine is only 350 miles. Quincy, CA to Alturas, CA and return. Was there about 1 hour with lunch. 1 call.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    I know it was 300 odd. Broken Arrow to Blackwell, down through Oklahoma City to Shawnee, then back to Tulsa. One day. One big circle.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar
    My road territory was from Washington, DC to the Canadian border, New England, down the Hudson Valley, NYC, NJ, over to as far west as Binghampton, NY south down thru PA into Altoona, back into Maryland, DC, and Delaware, with occasional jaunts into Leesburg and Centreville, VA.
    One hell trip was from CT to Loring AFB, ME , on to Ft. Kent, ME about 525 miles and then next morn to Albany, NY via Canada another 550 miles, in the dead of winter.
    Leave on Monday , come back on Friday or Saturday. I did this route for about 7 years straight, my kids use to call me uncle dad.
    Then we added a franchise signshop operation with about 25 stores scattered all over the US > CA, SC, NC, FL, MN, MI, TX, AL, MO and that added another 100,000 flying miles to my already 70,000 road miles a year. You would also fly out with Saturday nite stayovers because tickets where cheaper, so then I would be gone for weekends also.
    Fun days.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

My best was 660 miles. Round trip from Oakland, Ca to Santa Barbara, Ca. 16 hr day to set up machines for a show and they didn't want to pay for a room for me. They did pay for the sales people though. I didn't complain; I just took the overtime. I ended up having to go back 2 days later as the sales lady couldn't figure out how to use certain functions on the machine and couldn't understand simple instructions over the phone. They got me a room then and had me stay for the remainder of the show. 3 days vacation in sunny S.B. as nothing else happened.
    Totoro

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    How ever many there are in 7 hours of highway driving. three and a half there, drop off shredder, three and a half back. then made the trip again to go get it.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

From San Diego, CA to El Paso, TX en-route to Tulsa, OK for training - 725 miles (why? because I don't fly). Next day, El Paso to Tulsa - 825 miles. Man, my back was hurting and I had that road buzz for a couple days.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Most in one Day as a Trucker 720 miles according to Google from Mobile, Al to Miami, Fl. and it didn't take 11hr 44 min like Google thinks.
    Most as a Copier Tech Delivering Machines Lufkin, TX - Addison drop off 1 Machine, - Abilene, TX drop off a few machines - Turn around head to shop in Nac, then home to Lufkin Grand total of 750 miles. Think I was hallucinating by the time I hit the sack. Got 1 day off to sleep and rest. wooo lol

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Monthly trips to the coast and back.. about 150 miles.

Or...not about distance, driving on the freeway in slow traffic, it was about 90F outside, the second car behind a truck and trailer load of chickens. between the feathers flying around and the smell...

At my old company my furthest I would travel was about 145 miles to Penzance then by helicopter to the Scilly isles which was about 40 miles then a taxi to the customer which is about 1.5 miles. If it was an easy job I had about 4 hours to kill on the island, great in the summer dead boring in the winter. Then the same trip back.
    Only about 330 miles but seemed like 1,000 and a 14hour day.