Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Talking about resetting things...

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...requently.html

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Getting REALLY TIRED of...

Now here's a real genius at work! This must be the infamous "Screwdriver Method" of resetting the main counter. I wonder if he's available to ...update... some machines over here in Michigan. Techs like this create all kinds of work for me. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar
    I have toner low message i put toner on top of machine. Error no clear. Toner is higher why it no work? I need it for to work the prince of Nigeria is sending me 4.2 million euros...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Just my 2 cents here fellas, but, a "Service Authorization" does not a good technician make. I am an independent and have been in this industry since I was a teen (over 30 years for those of you caring to do the math). I've been authorized (in the past) on LOTS and lots of products, and I can tell you that - for this technician - hardly ANY of the factory training did me any good. In fact, I got more out of my high school electronics class then I EVER did from any manufacturer. I've also had the experience of knowing MANY an authorized tech in the field, whose myriad of training couirses did him not a bit of good. Most are dumber than rocks and couldn't troubleshoot simple issues. You've got to possess the inherent "smarts" that come from being an individual that gets more knowledge from common sense and observation than the average individual. I'd like to believe I am one of those people who pays enough attention to learn quickly and go from there. I'm not knocking that formal training is helpful to some people, but not so to me.

That being said, I firmly disagree with people like the "Just Manuals" guy hawking his wares (that were stolen/given to him) on this site, ESPECIALLY is the poster didn't ask for a manual. I don't care if he is a paid advertiser or not, selling copyrighted material is just wrong. Now, letting another tech "borrow" that information - when you believe the fellow to be qualified enough to use it - is a completely OTHER story. The key here is, what goes around comes around and I've lived long enough to know that if I've helped other people in this world, then the help will come to me when I need it.

In summary, helping other people out with firmware, manuals whatever, is not an issue with me. It's when someone ABUSES that privilege that things begin to change. And if you read the post carefully, you're likely to tell what guys know by the way that they word their posts.

OC

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Oh God everyone is on to me! I think they are beginning to suspect that I am just an end user who makes assload of copies.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician 250+ Posts
    FIRST POST: I need manual and firmware!
    REPLY: I need money!
    SECOND POST: I will give you money for manual and firmware?
    REPLY: No, I just need money! Please send!

Now that makes me feel better. If only it were a real thread.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

The best thing about this site is most of the members are techs who spend time in the field. It really is a host of information straight from the techs on the job, not pencil pushers or someone who did run ups for two years and then went to tech support to further burden us with bullshit. I find solutions here that are not mentioned in service manuals and bulletins. As for the I NEEDers, Im starting to like the idea of sending them misleading info, that way, atleast when it all turns to shit, someone who knows what they are doing will have a good look at it.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    selling copyrighted material is just wrong.
    OC
    And here I thought I was unique in that opinion.

Granted, factory authorized from a Konica Minolta perspective is simply that the techs are familiarized with the machines through training. I might learn something new from time to time in the courses, but most of the technology is pretty common from one machine to the next, and I am certain, from one company to the next. You see one, you've seen em all pretty much covers it. The training simply is a formal introduction. I do not mind ad hoc in the field when doing things, but I do prefer some orientation of the new product. There is nothing worse than looking the fool when a customer is looking over your shoulder as you fumble through basic dog stuff on a new machine.

As for manuals being given, I have no problem posting a few pages from the manual that may help someone with a complex series of instructions. There are some out there who "think" they can handle it, and I am willing to let them dig that hole. If they mess it up, that means some tech will get a call to fix that mess. Like the one in that link given earlier. WTF was he thinking, trying to cheat a counter? Stupid is as stupid does.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Im starting to like the idea of sending them misleading info

*evil laughing*
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I noticed Ricoh in the Uk at least seem to be tighten up on access to manuals and access to their websites. Ex work mates who have gone off to dealers seem to be complaining its far harder to get hold of manuals, access to Tessa unless they are working for an approved dealer.
    On the Jan 2010 DVDs I saw they had added a Copyright mark possibly they are going to clamp down on the resellers?