Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I got them Monday blues

So I feel like I am on the way to a good start this morning. As any of you know, the first repair sets the pace for the day. I have a Bizhub 600 kicking the paper out on the main tray and then showing a jam. I know this one, the end of the exit actuator is worn down about an eighth of an inch, throwing off the timing. Hell we even have a part in stock. Copier is working when I show up, putting prints on the sub tray. I swap out the actuator and then it shows a jam. NO WAY. I check everything, still a jam. I drive back to the shop and get another actuator and photocell assembly off a parts machine, still shows a jam. I call tech support and wait about 30 min, then get in the truck and drive back to the shop, still on hold, and when I walk in the wharehouse, I loose the signal after an hour on hold. *&#@**#. I have no more fn 504 but I find a 602 and the owner lets me swap it out. And by the end of the day the manager has another tech looking at it like I am an idiot now. I think last Monday started the same way. I started by changing the developer on a 420 and locking the machine up. Monday just sucks!!!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I agree, Monday's should suck cat's testicles in hell. Tuesday's aren't much better. I went to a Martini first call jamming in the finisher. Had a quick look inside and one of the paper flippers on the stack feed out belt was missing. Okay, thinks me. Let's give the finisher a jiggle and see if I can find it. Out comes the flipper, washer and nut. No screw. BASTARD! So now I have an RTF for one, I say again, one screw. I hate mornings, Mondays or not!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    I find going to the mall and putting slinkies on the escalators helps.

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I got them Monday blues

I play video games when I get home to get rid of any stress when I get home.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts android790's Avatar
    Monday,thursday,saturday. Its all the same to me.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post

!!!!!!!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post

I'd like to try that, but there isn't an escalator in the whole town.

O.K. anybody see that episode of Dilbert where he lost "the knack". I am worried. My Monday has rolled over into Tuesday. I made a wrong call on a color450 jamming and another tech went behind me and fixed it without ordering the expensive parts. Fortunately she is a friend and did not stab me in the back. I then went to do a drum, dv box change on a bizhub 250, easy stuff, right? I got distracted talking to the customer and ran F-8 without clearing the counters, and found out you do not recover from that. I had to use the old box and developer to make it run. Then went to put a fan on a fax and pulled the wires out of the speaker. As I am rechipping 2 color IU's, I wonder why the yellow did not come up, well it did and I had to drive to the shop for another chip, and of course fishing the staples out of the lawyers di5510 has now tur5ned into a fuser rebuild and major PM. Oh and lets not forget the shredder company mailing my parts for two customers to the one customer who can't get her machine fixed because her part is on back order. So now I have to go to a pissed off customer to ask for my parts so the other people can get fixed. Anybody know a copier witchdoctor who works for toner, I need this hex removed.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    picard-facepalm.jpg
    I have a prescription for you.

H-O-L-I-D-A-Y-!
    08-08-04.jpg
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Facepalm- thats just how I looked at the stoplight as the boss drove by.