Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I wonder what the going "cost per copy" was back then...it's amazing how the technology isn't even that old really.

If you really want to get into some interesting inventions then broaden your outlook to the field of magnetology which definately would cover copiers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Copier Inventor Dies

What two organizations are credited with introducing the first camera-based photocopying machines?

The Rectigraph Co. introduced camera-based photocopying machines in 1906 or 1907, and the Photostat Corp. (an affiliate of Eastman Kodak) did so at some point during 1907-11. Rectigraph and Photostat machines combined a large camera and a developing machine and used sensitized paper furnished in 350-foot rolls.

A 1914 Rectigraph ad stated that the U.S. government had been using Rectigraphs for four years and stated that the machines were being used by insurance companies and abstract and title companies. The Rectigraph Co. was acquired by the Haloid Co. in 1935. Haloid still sold Rectigraph machines in the early 1960s.

In 1911, a Photostat machine was $500. In 1924, Photostat machines were $650 to $1,050, depending on maximum print size and attachments.The cost of materials per print was $.06 for an 11.5" x 14" print. Similar Rectigraph machines were $500 to $850.

Source: Early Office Museum
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alpha-omega tech's Avatar
    I go to a restaraunt the other day and I told this blonde hair lady I am here to work on the copier. She asked me what is a copier. I guess she has not heard of this amazing technology yet. Poor thing.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Copier Inventor Dies

what rock has she been living under?!?!?!
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    I worked for Xerox for 2 years, and Chester Carlton is the name they always mention.