19 7.92%
  • Sometimes

88 36.67%
  • Lunch, WTF is lunch!

67 27.92%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    I also will start at my first call before 800 if the customer is open. I all evens out in the end.
    Wow, that's dedication. I'm paid to be 'working' from 8:30am to 5:00pm with a total of one hour downtime. Since travel to the client's site is part of the job I don't leave until my 8:30am start, even when the client is fishing for an earlier response by telling me, repeatedly, they will be there at some unholy hour in the morning.

OMD-227
    I'm onsite right now and its 7.22am.

Getting a great carpark & getting the first call done nice & early gets the day started in a great way.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you stop work for lunch?

always try to be at my first call before 8 am. If I eat lunch that's cool with me...If not..no big deal really. Every day is different so I just grab an apple or banana and eat that while I am driving. If I eat to much at lunch I get really sleepy and want to take a nap
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Do you stop work for lunch?

If I'm on the road I get a paid lunch break ( I usually take 20-30 minutes). In shop slow days I have to eat off the clock. It's pretty laid back, but the priority is the customer, so eating is scheduled around my calls
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_sacrifice View Post
    How old are you?
    Young people tends to want to sleep in late,
    Older people on the other hand will be up at 4.00 AM-4.30 AM
    I remember my father getting up every morning at 5.00 AM and he started doing this when he was 55 years old.

Been doing this crazy sheeeet since 18. I've always got up and made an early start. You can get calls done in hospitals & alot of big businesses before the chaos starts around 9am when everyone gets to work. Being able to get those calls done without interruption gets the day rolling nicely. If I finish around 3 or 4pm, then no worries.

I try to get to my 1st call by 8:45, sometimes that means I leave home at 8:30,sometimes I have to leave home at 6:45. The same with lunch some days I take 45min some days none, It's all about give & take, the boss knows sometimes I leave home early and get home late he doesn't mind if on quite days I bugger of home at 4.........................Like I said give and take.

i am usually at my first call or the office at 8am. when i was in our other division (i now do production printing) i covered a school system years ago and i would be in at 7-7:30 (before the moron teachers showed up asking if they can make a quick copy while i had the whole thing ripped apart) but the schools were out at 3:30 so it evened outlunch is usually in the car between calls. if i am doing a PM on the big continuous feeds i'll stop and take 15 or 20 but like some of the other guys if i lose momentum i'm shot for the rest of the day.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    When I was out in the field doing the tech thing I always made sure to take a full lunch hour. I needed that time away for my own sanity. The only time I wouldn't take a lunch is if I knew I was going to be stuck on a call for the rest of the day (like a PM) and the customer's office was relatively close to my house. Getting off early is cool, especially when the drive home isn't that long.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts d7guitar's Avatar

Cool Lunch is good

I almost always take lunch. I get "shaky" if i don't eat lunch and my mental aptitude seems to wither without a meal in the day. This could be due to the fact that i don't want to ruin my coffee with an actual breakfast in the morning. Haha. Anyways, eating lunch seems to "right" me and lets me continue my day recharged. I noticed some of you have an hour lunch??? I would go crazy if i had to sit on my thumbs for 40 minutes. I order my food, eat, relax for 5 minutes and its only 20 minutes used for lunch then back on the clock. 40 more minutes would seem like torture to me. Where i am, in Illinois, a company that has you employed, full time, for an eight hour day by law must provide you with a twenty minute lunch break. What about the rest of you??
    After all is said and done, More is said than done.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Where I'm located an employer must allow at minimum a half hour unpaid for every five consecutive hours worked, by law. Most employers however provide one of the following, either a half hour lunch and two 15min breaks or a full hour lunch, and these can be with or without pay at the employers' discretion.