Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Do I stink? Honesty please.

Seen the thread "What do you think about Paul?"

Well, I have seen it everytime I venture to this forum, which got me thinking, is everyone too busy working? (doubt it) posting abuse about other members of this site? (possibly) or do I just plain stink and no one wants to help me anymore?

Please tell me what you really think, Im big and ugly enough not to care what others think of me, but I would like some ideas on some of the threads i have started recently.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Well, I don't know you personally, so I can't vouch for your bodily odour.

On the forum, though, I have no reason to complain about you - at least that I can remember, I have this awful memory, you know...

PS: Oh, almost forgot: A big plus for posting this on the right forum. It's getting rare these days...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I've absolutely no problem with you at all. I've tried to help you where I can and found you to be very helpful when I've had issues.

However (and slightly off topic)... one thing I won't get drawn into is the petty squabbles regarding certain members of this forum. Fair enough, if people want to slag each other off in a public forum, sometimes horrendously embarassing themselves in the process, let them. This website is a fantastic resource for engineers and it's a shame to see arguments spoil it.

Fair enough, there are members who come on here and ask for nothing but favours, but that's just their mentality, take, take, take. They will get the message when the only replies they get are "fuck off".

Finally, kudos to you for having the guts to ask such a question. I'm waiting for the inevitable backlash of total bollocks from a select few, but rise above it. You're a better man than a lot here.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I don't have the "smell-o-vision" feature on my laptop, so I can't comment on stink...

...but, I think I'd give more thought to some of your comments. If it's not a constructive comment, it's not doing anyone any good. It's just too easy to react, them regret that comment.

I have just about had my limit of this petty squabbling. Friends or not friends, I've had enough. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts android790's Avatar
    I have not known jonezy999 almost all of my adult life. In that time, not one unkind word has been said to me about this person. We are just as close now as when we first never met.It is not the smell from your person that I have not responded, it is just that our threads have not passed. I am sorry for this. This is not personal. I will try in the future to make amends. Again, sorry for the neglect
    Yes, I am here to fix your machine. No, your machine went out of warranty 18 years ago.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    You failed the scratch and sniff test.

Oh wait, that's gravy on my screen. Sorry....

It's not you I think. And if people had issue with you personally, your reputation would suffer. Given that you only had but a handful of posts (72), and only been here since Feb this year, you are still new and people are still getting to know you. Don't take it personally.

If you are asking a question and nobody responds, there might not be an answer to your problem. If you are asking for firmware or something like that and nobody responds, then take it as nobody is interested in providing this. Just an example. If all you do is ask and never give back, you'll hear grumblings soon enough and your rep will suffer as a result.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Well you know what they say.............Once you get past the smell, you've got it licked

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    Well you know what they say.............Once you get past the smell, you've got it licked
    I'm getting a terrible mental picture from this.....

but then, I get a terrible mental picture from many things....a sure sign of a sick mind....
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.