Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kindergarten

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Kindergarten

Speaking of beer - and this, on itself, could deserve a brand new thread - what's the average alcohol percentage on your beer? Around here where I live the typical beer (the most consumed brands) oscilate between around 5% and 6%. That means I can drink a couple of beers without risking being fined while driving.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Speaking of beer - and this, on itself, could deserve a brand new thread - what's the average alcohol percentage on your beer? Around here where I live the typical beer (the most consumed brands) oscilate between around 5% and 6%. That means I can drink a couple of beers without risking being fined while driving.

Same here. Speaking of beer, which of you drinks this warm?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Same here. Speaking of beer, which of you drinks this warm?

Warm Beer is just wrong.
    Ikon Sucks

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Kindergarten

Quote Originally Posted by Ikoner View Post
    Warm Beer is just wrong.
    Just as wrong as eating cold pizza - I *know* people who like cold pizza, and that's just sacriledge!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    It really depends on the kind of beer I drink. If it is a lager, cold. If it is an ale, warm...or more precisely, room temperature. Some ales just do not taste good if chilled.

I've tried many while in Europe and most I liked. Only few I did not. Best to go out into the small towns, as many have their own local breweries.

German chicks liked mixing coke at half and half. At least, this was the trend in the late 80s and early 90s. I never liked it...made the beer curdle...

In England, either lime or lemon was added, about 5% to the beer. This was not too bad...depending on the brand of beer, it was pretty good. Not all beer is the same.

The most potent beer I ever had was in AFB Hohenfels, Germany, pushing 18%. It was from a local brewery if I recall. In fact, many of the beer there in Germany were pretty toxic.

Most beer here in Canada is about 5.5%, some up to 9% if it is an import. Microbrews are anywhere in between.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Just as wrong as eating cold pizza - I *know* people who like cold pizza, and that's just sacriledge!
    This is why God invented the microwave.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kindergarten

This is why God invented the microwave.
    baaaahhhh, thats ugly....microwave warmed up pizza remains.....yikes

i thought, you are canadian, do you have english roots? maybe, you add some kind of peppermint sauce to it?
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    baaaahhhh, thats ugly....microwave warmed up pizza remains.....yikes

i thought, you are canadian, do you have english roots? maybe, you add some kind of peppermint sauce to it?
    I'm an instant gratification kind of fella...I haven't the patience to wait for the oven to heat up.

I AM CANADIAN!

With Dutch and French roots....and ick...I do not care for that sauce....give me a hot sauce anytime...something that goes with hot wings....which oddly enough I WILL put in the toaster oven to reheat.
    ---Groucho Marx

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Anyone who has taken any of a number of network classes and studied the 7 Layer OSI model should know the following cheat to remember the names from bottom to top: Please Do Not Throw Stale Pizza Away. (Presentation, Data link, Network,Transport, Session, Presentation, and Application.)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kindergarten

ok, for a good german supper, you need:

and a cool

and some time to generate it, but its worth the time
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!