Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kindergarten

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    How to chill a beer in under 5 minutes.
    1. Place cans or bottles in a pot or container.
    2.Pack as much ice as you can.
    3.Pour half a box of salt on top
    4. put water in half way up side of pot
    5. wait 3 min.

The salt melting the ice uses the same principle as an ice cream maker.
    A saw this on Mythbusters...it includes a CO2 fire extinguisher method

and part 2 to this...

"Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Certainly is.

I've had beers in North America & Europe, they are pretty good, but nothing beats a good Aussie beer. I know some guys who can finish off a slab of 24 no problems at all.
    Our legendary cricketer David Boon once did 52 cans on a flight to London. Awesome!
    true you cant beat a good old carlton or a VB, its crazy but some of my mates easily drink over a slab and can still keep going

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    One of my oldman's mates inform me along time ago. (They worked in a plant mixing Nitro)
    Pour ammonium nitrate(fertiliser) around a six-pack of stubbies buried in the sand the wet the lot with water.
    They tell me it can snap freeze the bottles. I have never tried this so it might be worth sending this to the Myth Busters.

GDM
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Technician
    How about a jet engine beer cooler?
    Sounds crazy but this guy made one in his shed! The jet powered beer cooler

As for Australian beer, as an expat Geordie living out here most of the beer is S#@* VB, West End Draught, I'd rather drink my own bodily fluids! There are some decent beers but you need to seek out some of the microbreweries and there not cheap.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Kindergarten

Quote Originally Posted by Oztech View Post
    How about a jet engine beer cooler?
    Sounds crazy but this guy made one in his shed! The jet powered beer cooler

As for Australian beer, as an expat Geordie living out here most of the beer is S#@* VB, West End Draught, I'd rather drink my own bodily fluids! There are some decent beers but you need to seek out some of the microbreweries and there not cheap.
    Coopers my dear man, wtf is wrong with u??? And ur in SA. I feel just like a VB drinker, disgusted.

PS. How cool is this thread still being called kindergarten. This is what we teach our kids in OZ.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Coopers my dear man, wtf is wrong with u??? And ur in SA. I feel just like a VB drinker, disgusted.

PS. How cool is this thread still being called kindergarten. This is what we teach our kids in OZ.
    Coopers is not too bad once you get over the cloudiness, the Extra Strong Vintage Ale is bloody good!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar
    My favourite beer is Adelscott, it's made by using peat smoked whisky malt, they serve it cold on tap in france, but i prefer mine at room temperature out of the bottle, then you can taste it properly, the only beer i'll drink "warm"

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I used to run a bar before i took this job, and it amazed me just watching most od my customers getting drunk on about 6 cans of miller light or Budlight. One day the usa will know true, great beer. not the pap they are brainwashed to drink. Best beer for me is Flowers IPA or Greene Kings Abbot ale. Over here I have to drink Boddingtons or Newcastle brown, if I can get it. there are no local breweries near me.
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlock49 View Post
    I used to run a bar before i took this job, and it amazed me just watching most od my customers getting drunk on about 6 cans of miller light or Budlight. One day the usa will know true, great beer. not the pap they are brainwashed to drink. Best beer for me is Flowers IPA or Greene Kings Abbot ale. Over here I have to drink Boddingtons or Newcastle brown, if I can get it. there are no local breweries near me.
    what amazes me is that there are as many beer bellies running about in spite of that 'light' beer.

I'm waiting for someone to start a class action lawsuit over that, similar to the one the tobacco companies are seeing regarding the branding of light and mild and so on. Our government here in Canada outlawed that labeling, so now its a confusion for most smokers trying to figure out what colour package they want...sure glad I gave up that years ago....I really feel sorry for the current lot...all confused and having to rediscover which colour has the "taste" they are looking for.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.