Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Some of the best science fiction films ever made are in the same vein as 2001. Some of my favourites below:

It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    And Now...! Great Moments of Science Fiction

Stargate was great, and so were the TV series. Me and my wife devoured the entire Stargate SG1, Atlantis and Universe series up to the end of the first season of SG:U.

Fantastic!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I was not too crazy about SGA...it had a few good stories in it, but it did not capture me like SG1 did. SGU I hated the first half of the season one. It was shaping up to be too much of the same thing story each episode, just insert a commodity they are low on....low on O2, ship stops at planet with minerals for scrubber, low on water, ship stops at planet with ice, low on food, ship stops at planet with food....ad nauseum. I was almost going to drop that show completely, but I think they heard the complaints and the second half of that season, the writers smartened up....

and with that....

and the sequel

"Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    I was not too crazy about SGA...it had a few good stories in it, but it did not capture me like SG1 did. SGU I hated the first half of the season one. It was shaping up to be too much of the same thing story each episode, just insert a commodity they are low on....low on O2, ship stops at planet with minerals for scrubber, low on water, ship stops at planet with ice, low on food, ship stops at planet with food....ad nauseum. I was almost going to drop that show completely, but I think they heard the complaints and the second half of that season, the writers smartened up....

and with that....

and the sequel

Anyway, I liked these films, good suggestion Stirton.M, TonerMunkeh also, and another ......

Blade Runner (1982).

Directed by Other Great Ridley Scott. With Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young.

Deckard, a blade runner, has to track down and terminate 4 replicants who hijacked a ship in space and have returned to earth seeking their maker.

*Esta Pelicula es Buenisima****** Realmente me gusto mucho,Nexus 6 es un Replicante realmente habil. Buena produccion. (*In Spanish).

and other trailer... same film.

and well. ok ok ok, there are many more to mention, so go ahead, the next movie ...... mmmmmm ... should give more time to mention it, but I wanted to be the first.. indeed, he believed that someone else would do it immediately, but ... did not happen, so good.. this really was a great production with an excellent history, I think.. many agree on this, Thanks the "Wachowski brothers."

So I decided to take a small reference to this film from wiki, because I think my English is not yet sufficiently advanced.

(Just post the first two, so someone else can comment on the third, which in particular I was disappointed a little ... but hey there was no need to exaggerate, the three do, but just never ceases to amaze.)

The Matrix series - trilogy of science-fiction-action films written and directed by the Wachowski brothers.

Overview

In the dystopia the series depicts, Earth is dominated by sentient machines. Humans are grown in pods and are connected by cybernetic implants to an artificial reality called the Matrix, which keeps their minds under control while the machines use the bioelectricity and thermal energy of their bodies as an energy source.

The virtual reality world simulated by the Matrix resembles human civilization around the turn of the 21st century (this time period was chosen because it is supposedly the pinnacle of human civilization). The majority of the films and games of the Matrix franchise take place in a vast unnamed megacity, although it is not the only city within the Matrix, as other familiar locations are mentioned and visited by the characters during the trilogy and the Animatrix. As this environment is practically indistinguishable from reality, except when a slight green tinge appears (becoming more prominent as the series continues), the majority of humans connected to the Matrix are unaware of its true nature. Most of the central characters in the series know that it is not 'real' and as a result can partially bend the simulation's physical laws in order to perform superhuman feats within the simulation.

The virtual world is first introduced in The Matrix. The Animatrix short film "The Second Renaissance", and the short comic "Bits and Pieces of Information" show how the initial conflict between humans and machines came about, and how and why the Matrix was first developed. Its history and purpose are further explained in The Matrix Reloaded.

The films include numerous and varied references to literary, philosophical and religious works. Notable examples include references to the "White Rabbit" and the "Rabbit Hole", referencing Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" along with the use of a mirror as a portal to another world as explored in Carroll's "Through the Looking Glass".

Biblical and historical references are found in the names of places and vehicles in the Trilogy, such as the "hovercraft" named "Nebuchadnezzar". Though it is not clear whether this name refers to either of the Babylonian Kings of the same name, or merely shares the literal meaning "Nabu (god of wisdom), preserve/defend my firstborn son", which could refer to the ships role in the protection of "The One". Another notable name is the City of Zion, often used as a synecdoche for the City of Jerusalem or the land of Israel in Abrahamic religious texts, or to refer to a "promised land" or utopia.

The Matrix (1999).

The Matrix reloaded (2003)

and no longer see this site about the Anime Movie Animatrix.
    THE ANIMATRIX

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The Terminator. or better yet, T2.

Aliens

and the cheeziest of all possible classics made new again: Dr. Who - never miss an episode.
    73 DE W5SSJ

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I likes cheezy!

chester-cheetah.jpg
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

I was going to mention the Matrix, but Jma beat me to it. I'm a big fan.

I also loved The Abyss, I was a teen then and it knocked my socks off along with T2.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Ok, well /mrwho/ i know "The Abyss" is Very Good, also.... /TonerMunkeh/ "Contact", "Robocop", "Terminator", "T2", do not forget about "Terminator Salvation (2009)", and /Shadow1/ First "Alien (1979)", another over the Great Director: "Ridley Scott".
    "Startgate" did not remember very well, shall see it again.

Great Tickets, folks.

and as Stirton.M said, enjoy Cheezy!

ok to continue with this tone, science fiction/action film. one more than in particular should not leave behind, synopsis from wiki.

Equilibrium is a 2002American written and directed by Kurt Wimmer. It stars Christian Bale as John Preston, a high-ranking enforcement officer in a future dystopia in which all forms of emotional expression are illegal, and citizens are forced to take daily injections of drugs to suppress their emotions. After accidentally missing one such injection Preston begins to experience emotion; he begins to question his own morality and to moderate his actions, while attempting to remain undetected by the suspicious society in which he lives. Ultimately he is compelled to aid a resistance movement in the overthrow of the regime, using combat skills gained as a law-enforcement officer.

Equilibrium (2002).