Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    As you might have noticed from my screen I am a big Dr.Who Fan. Everybody managed to hit most of the best stuff. I will hate Hollywood forever for remaking The Day the Earth Stood Still into an environmental movie.

There have been some great shows that were canceled. One of my favorites was FARSCAPE.
    Also back a few years ago the show Threshold that had a great idea and a great cast.

I am a FRINGE junkie. Makes the X-Files look like Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Somone in the executive production staff is a YES fan because their music keeps turning up in it.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    O.K., I can not beleive that someone has not brought up the great THX-1138.
    "Silent Running" with Bruce Dern was a fav of mine.
    "Space Hunter, Adventures in the Forbidden Zone"
    "Total Recall" was cool
    I saw all the Planet of the Apes movies at the drive in. And who can forget "Starship Troopers" , "The mobile infantry made me what I am today"

Now for those of you who love a campy, B grade horror movie, I would suggest "From Beyond" and the "Re animator" and its sequel. In one of the Re animator movies, the bad guy's head gets severed, so he has his side kick sew bat wings to each side so he can get around. First time I saw it was about 20 years ago and I remember falling out of the chair laughing. I may have been high, Need I say more?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Thanks for the input Jimbo 1, well the truth is that not know it / The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) / I'm not an expert in science fiction movies, but I am a big fan of Photography and Production I had no opportunity to follow the series you mention but knew his name, I will try to dedicate a moment, and as a comment one of the last number I saw was: "Dollhouse" is an American science fiction television series created by writer and director Joss under Whedon Mutant Enemy Productions.

Well, if you came up here is because you followed the thread, if not so .. I recommend that you make, as everyone who is following this thread too, there are good indications of movies here.

Just as you come to this thread, I'll give you a mention, this maybe a little out of genre we are following, but ... is still fiction.
    Hi everyone, this mention is only for once. then again more to follow as far as originally proposed.

You can find the entire movie on YouPup.com , but I recommend you seek the full version on DVD, the production is worth seeing very good quality full ... like all the entries here.

We Are the Strange(2007) is an independent animated film Directed by M dot Strange.

Synopsys.
    it is better to be surprised, so if you go to rent this movie gets the needed seasonings and enjoy.I tell you... not see the trailer

*****For those who are sensitive, do not view this.. can be explicit.*******

and another to loosen a bit, in particular .....? and is recent.

Inception(2010) is an American science fiction film written, produced, and directed by Christopher Nolan.

*********************************Sci Fi*********************************

oh, fixthecopier surprised me, I was writing this post when you did yours, good its terms, those will be reviewing.
    Last edited by jma676; 09-18-2010 at 05:12 PM.

You can find episodes of Fringe on the net. Would be best if you could find it from the beginning as it is pretty serial.

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    And Now...! Great Moments of Science Fiction

Almost forgot about Babylon5
    73 DE W5SSJ

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Now for those of you who love a campy, B grade horror movie, I would suggest "From Beyond" and the "Re animator" and its sequel. In one of the Re animator movies, the bad guy's head gets severed, so he has his side kick sew bat wings to each side so he can get around. First time I saw it was about 20 years ago and I remember falling out of the chair laughing.
    That reminds me of this classic from the series "It's so bad it's good!"

Guess who directed it?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    That reminds me of this classic from the series "It's so bad it's good!"

Guess who directed it?
    That's horrible, but funny...
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts neergish's Avatar
    A little bit to the left of the centre of the known universe.
    Im a huge fan of the future imperfect movies from the 70's like Logan's run and Soy-lent green, but my favourite has to be this little Irish gem i first came across in the discount rack of a video store.

mjarbar
    As most of my faves have already been mentioned I'll just share this link with you all, if you are not already members it is a forum for all types of cult films mainly horror but also covers sci-fi and action films and is well worth a look at. Just say mjarbar sent you if you decide to sign up.

Cult Labs - The Official Forums for Select Cult Films, TV, Labels and More - Powered by vBulletin

"Zardoz" Oh yes I alomost forgot and I just recorded it on my dvr. We saw that in 1974 and thought it was a pluasible future. It was the 70's after all. Anything with Sean Connery is worth a look. From the same director that gave you Excaliber.

Cdr. William Riker